- March 29: Ford Recalls F-450 and F-550 Trucks to Replace Driveshafts recalls | 1 days ago
- March 29: Ford Recalls 2017 Edge SUVs to Fix Windshield Headers recalls | 1 days ago
- March 27: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Settlement Agreed Upon by Parties news | 3 days ago
- March 27: Ford F-150 Door Latch Lawsuit Says Latches Freeze news | 3 days ago
- March 24: Ford Edge Door Ajar Light Recall Not Necessary, Say Feds investigations | 6 days ago
NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 41,750 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.