- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 4 days ago
- November 28: Ford Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiffs news | 8 days ago
- November 25: 2016 Ford Explorer Throttle Body Lawsuit Investigation Opened news | 11 days ago
- November 8: Ford Focus Purge Valve Focus of Lawsuit news | 28 days ago
- November 5: Ford Door Latch Recall Closes Ford Focus Investigation investigations | 31 days ago
NHTSA — Tires: Tread/Belt Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 30,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
wheels / hubs problem