8.9

2016 Ford Explorer body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Explorer:

2016 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jun 132016

Explorer

I have to major complaints with the Ford Explorer 2016. The truck was purchased brand new. The first occurred when I was on my way to work about 7:30am. I was driving about 60 miles per on hour on a city street and all of a sudden a wrench symbol shows and the car will not accelerate anymore. I had never seen this symbol before so I wasn't sure what was going on and could not find it in the manual. Before this I only could go about 5 miles per hour max speed. When I googled the wrench many others had the same issue. I am sure Ford is aware of this and should had said something about this before we purchased it. I had to end up leaving the Explorer up at Ford for 2 and a half weeks. When I googled the issue it said these Explorer have a faulty throttle body that has to be replaced and my vehicle was no different. Me and my wife shouldn't have to make monthly payments on a brand new vehicle that has a known issue. Secondly, once we hit about 8,000 miles the hood makes a loud buzzing/humming sound once you hit about 60 miles per hour that does not stop!!! many other people with this vehicle have the same problem once I googled this! this is absolutely ridiculous. This vehicle should be recalled and not sold! our entire trip this vehicle made the sound nonstop. A person should not have to hear this the entire time on a brand new vehicle that you make monthly payments on. Something should be done about this. Since Ford does not want to voluntarily issue a recall like they should, an involuntary recall should be issued. When I googled this, it is said that the sound comes from the thin part of the hood in the center that is between two thicker pieces that causes it to vibrate. Horrible design and should have been tested better.

- Midway, FL, USA

May 072016

Explorer

Hi I need help we are having issue with our 2016 Ford Explorer Sport we only have it for 3 months 2K mileage, we noticed the hood vibrate at 65mph or over on freeway, I brought it to my nearest Ford dealer, "Ford serramonte" on 05/16/16 the service manager name henry said they are aware of it but couldn't do anything & they are waiting for Ford to find the solution to fix it, but they didnżT even check the hood. I contacted Ford customer care team on 05/18/16 & they open a case, case number: Cas-9514452-P1Y5C2 tara melvin costumer care manger handling the case. We are prostrated because it's brand new car & already has a lot of problems, it was distractive driving the vehicle so I'm scared specially I'm always with my 1yr & 4yrs old son, they just told me to wait & it's been more than a month now & still havenżT fix the problem. We bought this SUV thinking it's a reliable & safety car for our family but there's to much issues, -battery died, I called the roadside assistance, the dealer said it might be the back up camera that consuming the power from the battery when the vehicle is not running, now the camera is backorder according to the dealer. Weżre scared it will happen again if weżre on a trip. -low fuel economy, IżM only getting 12.6 avg mpg. Epa combined 18mpg, 16 city & 22 highway I been doing a research regarding about the hood vibration problem & finding this problem is been going around since 2013 & there's a lot of vehicle owner that have the same problem, my wife brother in-law has the same problem vibrating hood 2016 Ford Explorer limited. I attached some of the link regarding the same issue. Link forum: www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php"threads/my-Explorer-hood-vibrates-and-humming-noises.385592/ www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php"threads/engine-noise-hood-vibrates.444789/#post-3532126 thanks!

- San Francisco, CA, USA

May 282016

Explorer

Window trim came flying off while driving on the highway. At 300 miles on the vehicle this was very scary. Not knowing what was taking place trying to get to the shoulder cars behind had to deal with the flying piece of trim that flew off of our car highway no turnpick in rush hour traffic.

- Perrineville, NJ, USA

Apr 232016

Explorer

The automatic liftgate functioned on its own without any operator input. This has happened 3 times within approximately one month of ownership. Also one instance of liftgate closing on head. Ford claims they are aware of similar complaints and is working on a fix."?" if the operator were not aware this occurred and a child or pet were in the 3rd row, this could have serious consequences. Please see attached repair order with Ford's response. All instances so far were vehicle in park with operator near the rear end or behind of the vehicle.

- Marysville, MI, USA