2016 Ford Explorer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Explorer:

2016 Ford Explorer Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Apr 112016

A week ago the vehicle showed 45 miles till empty. Backed out of the drive way to get gas and the car lost all power. Dash showed engine light and air bag. Filled up with gas and the lights went away. Today, going down the highway I lost all power. Talk about accident waiting to happen! luckily I was able to cruise to a exit and into a parking lot. Had to call Ford towing to come and get me. This is a 2016 Ford Explorer. Only 7000 miles. Brand new vehicle should not have this type of problem. Then the sensors around the car go off when there is nothing around. I know I am not the only person with this lost of power issue. I believe that the only way to actually get some assistance with this problem is after someone gets hurt and sues Ford. Another problem is there is a knocking sound as soon as the car is turned on and driven. You feel and the steer wheel knock along with the sound.

- Live Oak, TX, USA

Aug 312015

Sept 31st - with 358 miles and less than owned for 24 hours all adaptive equipment failed, flashing ABS failure loss of speed control. Oct 1st car taken to jclewis Ford in savanah, ga, was called by the dealer approximately 3 hours later and was told to pick the car and the only problem was to realign and reset computer software. I took the car and drove 39 miles and we sustained a total repeat of the problems. At this point the dealership said they had no idea at point what was wrong or the cause of the problem, approximately five days later I was told the cause was the failure of the rear ABS wheel sensor which they told me was replaced and also that they had driven the car for few days and it was now operational. I did pick up the car and again within a few miles we sustained the same failure with an added feature I backed out of my parking space and found that I had lost any ability to move forward and there was a severe grinding noise emanating from transmission, drove the back to dealer ship for the fourth time and was told that even though I was told that the Ford dealer mechanic did not replace any parts as I was told. As of today Sept 18th the car is still with the dealer and was told that in fact replaced the left ABS wheel sensor but they said that in fact was not the problem and that it still existed. I was told that they were think it is being caused by some type of short in a wire harness but they still are awaiting parts. I have requested a meeting with a Ford representative but I was told by the service manager that he could not arrange a meeting. I was told by a Ford representative I believe detroit that I should look at the back of the owner's manual for advice on the lemon law.

- Berlin, MD, USA