2012 Ford Focus miscellaneous problems

2012 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 1 of 9)

Nov 052016

Focus

Takata recall. The car will die in the middle of driving. Doesn't matter the speed you are going the lights on the dashboard will light up and you cant accelerate or decelerate the car will just die.

- St.Charles, MO, USA

Nov 082016

Focus

The car rolls forward/backward when in park. The car shudders and shakes when you take off or when you slow down and the accelerate. I have had the clutch worked, replaced and had the replacement's software updated. It behaves like it did when it needed to be replaced the first time. I was told this was normal and I was told to drive the car like I stole it when taking off and accelerating. I speak the truth when I tell you that....exact words...drive it like I stole it. I have modified my driving habits but it has not helped and I feel those habits are dangerous.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Oct 072016

Focus

Hi my name is debra dill purchased 2012 Ford Focus hatchback in North caroling parkway Ford VIN: 1fahp3K23cl117630 in the past received several safety recall. 1) clutch grinding 2) car rolling back when on incline 3) system upgrade 4) latch issue I have taken my vehicle to Ford dealer for all of the above with the exception of item 4 - awaiting part. My concern safety - my car still rolls back on incline and clutch makes grinding noise and car jerks. I took into dealer to ask for a review of this continued issue. However I was told my car exceed the 100,000 miles my car has 138,000 miles. Ford will not review my car unless I pay. All the above noted are for known safety recalls which my thoughts are Ford should want to ensure the safety of the consumer. I am not the only person with this type vehicle others have the same issue. Reaching out to you please take exception and send me a recall notices for the car rolling back on incline and my clutch grinding causing car to jerk. Other then the noted safety recalls that I deal with the car is acceptable. My history, I work for an automotive company as quality engineer and fully understand the impact of defective product and recalls. Note: Please understand I took the car in for the original recall; the car was adjusted, the question I have concern the adjustment was not a fix and continue to have issues. When my car was purchased, upfront I paid for all required services on the car and went to dealership within the arranged time for services. Your support and understanding would be greatly appreciated. The date noted below is when I took the car to the dealership the issue is a reoccurring issue. Kind regards debra dill

- Boiling Springs, SC, USA

Oct 112016

Focus

Transmission shutters and hesitates while driving. There is a grinding noise when you give gas after turning a corner. Dealership just reprograms and says it has to adjust to driver but it never fixes the issue. I worry a wreck may happen if the I can't make the car respond timely because of the hesitation. Now they want to charge and I refuse! love the car but hate the transmission. You required a date below that this happened but this is a daily issue.

- Mabelvale, AR, USA

Aug 102011

Focus

We have an unsafe transmission in our 2012 Ford Focus, we have had trouble since we bought it new Aug. 2011. Ford refuses to fix the problem.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Nov 302012

Focus

My transmission shutters very badly I have had it at the dealer in los lunas New Mexico. It is still not fixed. My streering assist light came on and ihaveno power steering. After the last oil change to change oil light will not go off even after the reset procedures have been followed. The lighter does not work. O and to top it off I just got a recall letter something to do with electrical failure. But had nothing to do with the above problems. This is way many for a car of its age I am sure I have a lemon. What can be done?

- Belen, NM, USA

Sep 242016

Focus

I was driving on a street and my door flung open and now it doesn't close.

- Beaumont, TX, USA

Sep 172016

Focus

I was out running some errands. I had driven 15 miles to my destination. When I got back to my car, my passenger noticed that the door did not lock. I checked it and noticed that the latch did not activate to close. We had to drive home, through the street, holding the door. The car's system did not register the door opened.

- Sparks, NV, USA

Aug 012016

Focus

The front and rear door latch on the drivers side will not keep the door closed. These parts are not available. I have been told that they are on national back order. My vehicle cannot be driven. Please include my vehicle in the recall. It is not listed.

- The Woodlands, TX, USA

Aug 172016

Focus

At 58,000. Horn started to work intermittent, now it does not work at all. What next? already had work done on tranny. Every thing seems to be computer related. It also surges at start up at stop.

- West Allis, WI, USA

Sep 052016

Focus

The door on the front passenger side of my 2012 Ford Focus suddenly opened while the vehicle was in motion nearly causing an accident. I was travelling on the highway at approx. 50 mph when the front passenger side door sprung open causing the vehicle travelling next to me to swerve away. The week before the front driver side door open unexpectedly.

- Doral, FL, USA

Sep 112016

Focus

While driving on a feeder road in Texas, taking a right hand turn, the drivers side door opened on its own due to a latch failure. No injuries, and a recall has already been issued. The car also has an ongoing issue with the transmission causing the car to lunge forward at both high and low speeds. The transmission has already been "repaired" once under warranty, but has started showing the same issues for a second time. Currently with dealer.

- Spring, TX, USA

Aug 302016

Focus

Door latch failure: Driver's side door swung open while driving.

- Redlands, CA, USA

Sep 022016

Focus

I was driving vehicle and turned a corner into a 2 lane road and right passenger door flew open at the same time the passenger door ajar warning came on pulled the vehicle over and tried to shut door and the door latch would not catch and close. I had to secure the door with a bungee cord to secure door but door still tried to come open. Door latch will not engage to be locked.

- Albany, GA, USA

Aug 262016

Focus

Door latch on the drivers side door flew open while in transit. Driver made a right hand turn and the D/S door opened and would not latch closed after that. Took it to a repair shop and they quoted me $500 to fix. Looked up recalls and there are known issues with Ford vehicles for door latches, yet no official recall on the Ford Focus.

- Escondido, CA, USA

Sep 022016

Focus

Door latch failure. One by one the door latches failed. When this happens the doors open and will not stay closed. First the drivers door latch, then the passenger door and most recently the passenger rear.

- Surprise, AZ, USA

Aug 292016

Focus

Driver side passenger door latch failure. Door does not shut close and latch and does not lock. Door has to be tied down from the inside of the vehicle to keep the door closed while driving. Fortunately this did not happen while driving! it occurred when I wen to get something out of the back seat and upon attempting to shut the door....nothing! the door would not shut and remained open. This is the second time a door latch on this same vehicle has failed. Just 2 months ago the drivers door latch failed and the door would not shut under any circumstance as with this one. Fortunately there has not been an injury or worse a death do to this faulty latch mechanism. By the way, the first door latch cost me $550 to repair and I am holding off on repairing this door latch until there is a recall as with 2 other Ford model cars that used the same latches. Please recall this is very dangerous!!!

- Clovis, CA, USA

Aug 302016

Focus

The door wont shut anymore, it flew open! I was driving home and made a hard turn the door flew open almost hit another car. Now it wont stay shut at all, called Ford they said $400-$500 to fix it! I say hell no!

- Arlington, TX, USA

Aug 292016

Focus

In June 2016 my driver's door latch broke and my door would fly open as I drove it. I was informed there is no recall for the Ford Focus 2012. I paid the $385 for repairs. Yesterday my passenger door had the same problem. I am getting nowhere by calling the national Ford number and I am getting nowhere with our local dealership. Some Ford models have been recalled, but not mine. I am fearful to have my grandchildren in the car with me. Who knows when the back doors are going to break since both front doors have broken?! fortunately I was in a parking lot both times the doors broke. It is very difficult driving home 30 miles while holding a door shut.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Aug 262016

Focus

Driving down the road the rear drivers side door came open on its own, it has done this several times, it does not latch, and is very dangerous.

- Waterford, CA, USA