8.8

2013 Ford Focus seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Focus:

2013 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Nov 082013

Focus

When you drive the car from 5 - 20 minutes and when you remove the seatbelt - there is no alarming sound and no light on the dashboard. But, when you turn off the engine and start again, you can hear the alarm and the light will appear on the dashboard when you remove the seatbelt. Concerns: If the driver stop (for driving let say 5 - 3 minutes) for example and he remove the seatbelt for whatever reason, he might forgot to fasten the seatbelt as the car will not alarm and no light will illuminate on the dashboard. Note: The local dealer tested the same car model/year and having the same result - no alarm and lights on the dashboard when unbuckled after driving 5-20 mins.

- Bethlehem, PA, USA

Dec 092013

Focus

I generally do not have back seat passengers, I picked up my two nephews and I made them put their seat belts on. Upon arriving at our destination the boys were having trouble releasing the belts after several minutes of struggling with the belts we finally got the boys released but now the seat belt mechanism is stuck down in the harness and am unable to lock any seat belts into place.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 112013

Focus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Focus. The contact stated that the seat belts failed to lock correctly. The contact mentioned that the lock would not allow the seat belt to click. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where they replaced the seat belt lock. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 210. The current mileage was 3,600.

- Washington Park, MD, USA

Aug 012013

Focus

My five year old son was sitting in the passenger rear of the Ford Focus ev (2013) in a booster seat (bottom only, no back). He managed to wrap the seat belt around his torso. When my wife arrived home and parked, my son unhooked the seat belt, but the belt had locked and would not release. The belt was very tight against my sons chest. We tried to wiggle him out and to release the tension on the belt, but with each try the belt tighten more. He became very scared and we cut the seat belt.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA