2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 5 of 38)

Apr 092014

Fusion 4-cyl

I was no longer able to accelerate. The car was running but while I was driving the car stalled in the middle of the road and as I tried to give the car gas it just increased RPM's but didn't move the car. I pulled off into a parking lot turned the car off and on and it began to run again, but lost all computer information so the mechanic couldn't figure out the problem. It has happened multiple times since then.

- Joplin, MO, USA

Aug 242013

Fusion 4-cyl

My husband was driving on the interstate highway at about 75 mph and the wrench light came on and the car suddenly lost acceleration and would not accelerate with the gas pedal. It shuddered as he drove, and he was only able to drive at a very low speed. He was very worried that he would get hit by other faster cars. He got it towed to the closest Ford dealership, and they replaced the throttle body. We are registering this complaint because we understand that this is a problem with Ford cars generally.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Apr 252013

Fusion

Traveling on a road in orlando fl and lost speed and then eventually loosing power and had to drift off the side of the road. Finally was able to start the car just to be able to get it back to my home. Had to get the vehicle towed to the Ford dealership and found that the throttle body had went bad. Had to get it replaced. This is very dangerous when driving at a good speed and all of a sudden you loose power, thank god I didnt get in a accident. I see that there is a recall on this part with Ford but my VIN is not included.

- Westminster, MD, USA

Apr 022014

Fusion 6-cyl

Driving to work car had a thump then loss of power(couldn't accelerate ) and amber wrench light came on. Pulled over to side of highway as quickly and safely as I could. Engine was idling rough. Put in park and turned off car for 2 seconds, and turned back on. Car ran fine, until 3 days later when exact same problem occurred.

- Maple Grove, MN, USA

Sep 062011

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while decelerating, the vehicle erroneously accelerated. The contact was able to stop the vehicle by forcefully applying the brakes. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 37,000 and the current mileage was 38,000.

- Brighton, MI, USA

Feb 192014

Fusion

While sitting at a stop light, the car started accelerating faster and faster. Had to turn the car off to get it to stop. Next light, the same thing. Took it to dealership and they said it was the throttle body, and they replaced it. (recall?) worked ok until 3/27/2014 and pulling into a parking lot, with my foot on the brake to slow down, the car started accelerating again. I turned the car off to get it to stop. Glad I wasn't on a highway or interstate when this happened. Going back to dealership tomorrow, as I consider this a dangerous problem.

- Neosho, MO, USA

Jan 062014

Fusion 6-cyl

2010 Ford Fusion. Consumer writes in regards to throttle body failure. The consumer stated while driving at a speed of 45 mph. She heard what she thought was a light pop, and the vehicle immediately started loosing power, and no matter how hard she applied the accelerator, if had no effect on the vehicle. The consumer stated she experienced another failure on March 15, 2014. Updated 04/02/14

- Andalusia, AL, USA

Feb 142014

Fusion

I was driving the road around 50 mph.,when suddenly my car was idling! I tried to push the gas but the car was no power I gear off to the side of the road. I put the car to park. After I restart my car and seems nothing was wrong with it.I took my car to Ford dealer schwabengarage ag stuttgart-vaihingen germany / garage to look what is wrong with it, they didn't see anything wrong with it. So I drove my car again, my boyfriend search the problem and found out that the throttle body is not working right, but the dealer couldn't see the problem. My boyfriend order the parts anyway because I can feel that my car is going to break down again. I was driving this morning with my two kids when my car lose power again. I turned it off and start again and after 100 meters it did the same again. I was terrified and pray hard that the other car will not hit us. I took my car to aafes / military installation car care with the parts we purchased and replaced the throttle body. I drove my car home today and got home safely. I found out that Ford Fusion has been having this problem.

- Apo, AE, USA

Dec 132013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact shifted into neutral, then park and was able to restart the vehicle. The failure recurred the following week. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 67,000.

- Pleasant Hill, IA, USA

Dec 102013

Fusion 4-cyl

Couple months ago the car started to have problems shifting from one gear to another. The main problems was from 1 to 2. at a time, on a red light, the car didn't move for a few seconds even though the accelerator was being pressed. Then the car suddenly jump and started going. The car started jump from one gear to another. Later there was a transmission oil leak. And the car is getting worse there is no smooth transition between the velocities and the dealer said we had to paid for labor and parts. It seems unfair to have to pay for a manufacturer's issue. The transmission on this model is defective and there should be a check-out to this problem.

- Portland, OR, USA

Jan 142014

Fusion 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while attempting to accelerate from a traffic light, the vehicle failed to accelerate over 5 mph. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 5,000 and the current mileage was 5,300.

- Novi, MI, USA

Dec 122012

Fusion 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving various speeds, the vehicle engaged into neutral independently and stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 36,200.

- Roseville, MI, USA

Oct 302013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle resumed normal function once restarted. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer, who stated that the throttle body would need to be replaced. There was a concurrent investigation for the failure under NHTSA action number: PE13003 (engine). The manufacturer was contacted. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000.

- St. Clair Shores, MI, USA

Feb 202012

Fusion 4-cyl

It is the typical throttle body issue everyone else is complaining about. It would randomly stall completely out on the main road. Occasionally, I could turn off the car and then turn it back on and it would drive me a few more miles before stalling out again. Car would randomly accelerate while applying the brakes. Car would violently "jump" like it was missing gears while accelerating. Almost impossible to accelerate speed without putting my foot to the floor. I bought a new throttle body for about $400 I think in September 2012 and within a year it was already doing the same things mentioned above. I just received an extended warranty from Ford in the mail and will get a refund for my previous expense on a new throttle body. It pretty much seems like a recall but without actually saying it is. I don't know if there is any further action that can be taken but if so then please do. This is a dangerous car with a short shelf life. I almost got blasted from my side twice because I would be turning off a 4 lane route with plenty of distance from oncoming traffic and the car would stall. I was basically a sitting duck sideways hoping it would roll me fast enough to get out of the way. I hope this helps.

- Logan, WV, USA

Mar 122013

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving loose power, have to stop and shut off and restart vehicle to get throttle response back. Had to have throttle body replaced. There are several cases of this listed on internet. Should be the same issue as in your investigation PE13003. I would like to be kept informed if this turns into a recall, as I would like Ford to reimburse me for the cost of replacing the throttle body.

- Dagsboro, DE, USA

Jan 192014

Fusion 6-cyl

I was driving on a two lane highway when the throttle would not engage. I tried to accelerate but it would not, the car just lost power but did not stop running.

- Bristol, TN, USA

Nov 012013

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while attempting to accelerate onto the highway, the wrench warning icon illuminated as the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was towed to a private mechanic for inspection, who advised that the throttle body and engine gasket would need replacing. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 71,000 and the current mileage was 72,000. Updated 3/28/14

- Maywood , NJ, USA

Jan 052014

Fusion 4-cyl Diesel

Car started to lose power and speed while driving. Pressing the gas barely made it go for a few hundred feet, then it died. On busy highway, but was able to make it to side street and push past a drive way. Restarted and was able to drive another couple of miles. After about 1.5 hours of waiting, it died 2X while driving about 2 miles home. This has happened before (a couple of years ago) to this same vehicle (taken to dealer at least 2X for the problem). Based on what I read today online, it sounds like the "throttle body". trying to get the car to the dealer tomorrow.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Dec 292013

Fusion

While on the interstate going 70 mph I felt a loss of power in my Fusion followed by a wrench light coming on. I was no longer able to accelerate and fortunately was on a stretch of the highway with a shoulder. After shutting off the car and restarting I was able to drive home. I had purchased an extended warranty and took it to have it looked at but since no lights were on no codes registered and I was told it was fine. The next day my car once again stopped working while I was on the interstate in the fast lane. Very scary and dangerous. Upon my second trip to the dealership it was determined the throttle body was defective and needed replaced. It appears this is a widespread problem that would have been nice to know about.

- Martinsburg, WV, USA

Jan 022014

Fusion 6-cyl

Was driving 70 miles an hour on interstate 64 E and thought car died so I pulled over as fast as I could to get out of harms way, dozens of cars flying by and honking, had a hard time getting to a safe place to pull over and figured out my car didn't did die after all, it was running. And it wouldn't accelerate and a wrench light was on. I shut my car off and restarted it and idled rough for a minute and wrench light went out so I proceeded on and it did it again about 60 miles further up the road so I turned around and headed home. Not a good situation to be in, very unsafe. Read reviews on this car and looks like I M not the only person with this same problem and Ford should do something to resolve this problem. Very well could have been an accident and they know about it.

- Clarksville , IN, USA