2010 Ford Fusion steering problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 17 of 30)

May 282015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 5 mph, the steering wheel seized while pulling into a driveway. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 138,000.

- Anitoch, TN, USA

May 272015

Fusion

I was pulling out at an intersection and the power steering went out causing me to have to drive it in a ditch. I was so upset. It almost caused me to hit head on with another vehicle. Apparently lots of people are having this problem and it should be recalled. I am so upset.

- Jackson, GA, USA

Fusion

My vehicle's power-steering got disabled out of nowhere apparently I'm not the only one with this issue, I get an error on the driver panel saying to service power steering now.

- San Juan, PR, USA

May 232015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. When the vehicle was started, the power steering failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the power steering module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 82,000.

- Norman, OK, USA

May 232015

Fusion

My power steering is out in my car. It says power asset fault and then it will say service autotrack. I am not the only one I have looked everywhere and there is a lot of people having the same problems that I'm having. It should be recalled. I will tell everyone I know not to get a Ford unless this problem gets recalled. I don't have the 2000 to fix my car.

- Norman, OK, USA

Jan 082015

Fusion

I was driving around a curb doing 55 mph and all the sudden the steering went out. Way beyond manual steering, extremely hard to handle. It went off the road and almost caused an accident. I have found this is a common problem. The electric steering box is a problem and now I can barely drive it. My wife has no chance of using the vehicle.

- Lackeyy, KY, USA

Nov 032014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving at 25 mph and making a left turn, there was a sudden loss of power steering. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the rack and pinion needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 78,000.

- Saint Johns Bury, VT, USA

Fusion

Electric power assisted steering (epas) failed

- Plainfield, IL, USA

Fusion

I was traveling down the highway around 60 mph and the power assist check message came on. I stopped in the next town and shut car off. When I restarted I said to check system now and had no power steering whatsoever. Since I was 1.5 hours from home I tried driving for about 20 miles and decided that was enough as there was very little control of car. Ended up having someone come pick up car a trailer it home.

- Shell Rock, IA, USA

May 082015

Fusion

I turn on my Ford Fusion 2010 żż I was leaving my garage in a reverse mode when the direction wheel stuck no opportunity to move in any direction, was stiff one message appears on my front display power stering assit fault I put again my car on parking, turned off wait for 5 minutes and restart the car again, message displayed was erased and direction wheel released, I donżżT feel comfortable that this problem can happened again when I am driving on the I-35 North

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Mar 092015

Fusion

Driving in rural neighborhood. Pulling into driveway slightly downhill when steering became very difficult to operate. Thank goodness no children were in the area as usual. This steering issue will become a fatal flaw with the Ford Fusion when someone with less strength is involved. Lucky it was a full grown man in the seat and not my daughter. This needs recalled before we lose a life over profit. An ounce of prevention is worth injury to anyone.

- London, KY, USA

Apr 202015

Fusion 4-cyl

Car was driving fine. When I was leaving destination, I was backing out warning light came on epas failure light. Power steering was out very hard to steer. Shut car off, restarted car, light was still on no power steering also advancetrakc light came on. Could have went out at any given time all at once. Very expensive to fix.

- Wichita , KS, USA

Oct 022014

Fusion 6-cyl

Electronic power steering stopped working after having started the car and driving off, messages that displayed on dashboard include "service advancetrac" and "power steering assist faulty".

- Detroit, MI, USA

Apr 242015

Fusion 6-cyl

Vehicle was being driven approximately 45 mph when suddenly the power steering failed and the vehicle became very difficult to steer.thankfully there was not an accident or fatality from an accident. Have been told the power steering control module and rack will need to be replaced. The estimate was $1500. The vehicle is outside of the warranty, so I will have to figure out how to pay for a safety item that Ford obviously knows about.

- Temperance, MI, USA

Apr 222015

Fusion 4-cyl

As I was driving down a city street in heavy traffic, the power steering went completely out. The power steering assist fault came on after the incident.

- Niceville, FL, USA

Apr 202015

Fusion 6-cyl

I was driving about 25-30 mph in the busy streets of van nuys California, I had my entire family in the car as we were going to eat dinner. As I approached the parking lot from the street, the "vehicle dynamic control off indicator light" turned on, then immediately right after a message on the dashboard popped up and read "power steering need service". as soon as I tried to turn into the parking lot the power steering went out, I had to use all my strength to pull the steering wheel and avoid crashing into the cars exiting the parking lot (the cars were waiting to make a right, into the main street van nuys blvd). I can usually muscle a car without power steering, if it were a traditional oil pump, but the electrical system was almost impossible to turn. Luckily I made the turn without incident or injuries, but this is definitely something Ford has to address. There are many situations I can imagine where this power steering failure may lead to property loss, injury or even death. The power steering gave no warning, I looked up how to fix this problem online, only to find that hundreds of people had experienced the same exact problem, I also noticed that all their posts were within the last month, so this problem is not uncommon. Ford must address this problem asap in order to avoid injury or death, they should have noticed this in the testing phase of Fusion production. Thankfully my family and I are ok, but now I have to find a way to work and come up with $1800+ for repairs.

- Burbank, CA, USA

Feb 182015

Fusion

Power steering assist fault. Service advanced trac. Car has no power steering. Took to Ford on 2/28/15....updated 04/21/15

- West Jordan, UT, USA

Apr 012015

Fusion 6-cyl

My son was driving me on the interstate at about 70 mph. Without any warning, the power steering went out. I am glad he was driving as I had heart surgery a while back and it is very difficult for me to drive this car now. There is also no way that my wife can drive it. Every time I get in the car, I pray that I do not pull something in my chest because it is very difficult to steer. I have a $32000 car that is a piece of junk. I called Ford and they just as well to say tough luck. They have no plans to fix it.

- Charleston, WV, USA

Apr 082015

Fusion

I was stopped at a 3 way stop. As the car started moving I could not steer the car. When I finally stopped the car I was partially in a someone's yard with a culvert and telephone or electric pole only 2 or 3 feet from me. I thought the car had gone dead. I tried to crank the car only to realize it was still running. I then put the car into reverse and backed out. That was when I realized the steering was the problem. The advance track system then came on. After reading the manual I was hoping that it was due to us having put new tires on the week before. When we took the car to our mechanic he said that Ford would not sell the part and we would have to take it to a Ford dealer. Needless to say it is costing $1700 to repair this. There was a new motor put in the vehicle when it was 2 1/2 years old. It also went out with no warning whatsoever and Ford told us this was the second car they had this happen to.

- Bremen, GA, USA

Oct 292014

Fusion

On the way to work tcs light and power steering light came on and the dash said service power steering soon and service tcs system soon, then the next time I started my car it wait service tcs and power steering "now" and then there was no power steering at all just manual steering.

- Victorville , CA, USA