2010 Ford Fusion steering problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 19 of 29)

Nov 162014

Fusion

The service advanced auto traction, service power steering and low tire pressure alarms all came same time and unable to turn steering all of sudden.the pressure on tire was good but still showing low tire pressure.

- Wixom, MI, USA

Oct 202014

Fusion 4-cyl

The car gave no warning and as I pulled out of gas station the power steering went out. I was unable to turn steering wall at all and had I been in traffic I would have been in accident.

- Lena, LA, USA

Aug 082014

Fusion 4-cyl

Power steering system went out while driving attempting to make a right turn and it locked up.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 182014

Fusion 4-cyl

We purchased this car in 2011 and it has been fine until today. I brought my son home from school this afternoon and did not notice any issues whatsoever, but a few hours later when we pulled out of the driveway to go to dinner the steering wheel was extremely stiff, we started getting problem notifications on the console and the entire drive was almost impossible to turn like we needed it to. The steering wheel fought against me the whole time - it was stiff and felt like the power steering was out. It sounded like almost scraping coming from the right side of the car. When we got home to check it out we realized that we didn't know how to handle fixing the problem as there was no reservoir that we could find, so we started googling to find similar circumstances and what was done to correct it. Everything we have read says the same thing, and we eventually were led here after reading that there is an investigation into this exact problem. We are extremely worried as this is our family car and don't know what to do at this point.

- Taylors, SC, USA

Nov 132014

Fusion 4-cyl

I started my Fusion was making a turn out of my drive way and the advance trac light came on the dash then in the message center it said service advance trac and service power steering now. I lost all power steering and car started pulling hard to the right. This occurred on Thursday I took my car to the dealer the next Monday. Now costing me $1750 to replace the steering rack.

- Neosho, MO, USA

Nov 132014

Fusion 6-cyl

I was driving at about 25-30 miles per hour and got a flat tire. I stopped the car and changed the tire, but once I started driving the caution alarm came on and started flashing that the "electric power assisted steering" malfunctioned. It became difficult to steer the car. I almost ran off the road into a drainage canal trying to make a turn.

- Lafayette, LA, USA

Nov 142014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 15 mph, the power steering seized, the service traction light illuminated, and the steering wheel became difficult to turn. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Dorchester, MA, USA

Aug 052014

Fusion

Electronic power steering assist system failure. Service power steering now, and service advance trac message appeared in message center, and car became nearly impossible to steer. Was in early morning rush hour traffic, very scary situation. As a 195lb male in fairly good physical condition, car had no power steering, and I struggled to steer, narrowly avoiding colliding with another vehicle when I attempted a turn. Was near service center that works on our company trucks, was able to get it there. Technician/shop owner put car on his computer, cleared error codes related to power steering, as his diagnostic computer showed no malfunction in power steering assist system. Steering returned to normal, I left his shop, with no real steering issues....until 10/28/2014. Same exact thing happened again while I was driving the Fusion. Messages appeared, power assist failed, making car difficult to steer. Returned it to same service center, codes again cleared, steering returned to normal. Power steering assist system failed again on 11/12/2014, while I was driving in traffic. My wife, who is barely 5 feet tall, and weighs 125lbs, drives this vehicle often as well, and would definitely not be able to steer the car in the event the power steering failed while she was operating the car. She would probably hurt(if not kill) herself, and possibly others, and this thought horrifies me! it is my understanding that Ford has issued no recall on this part, although I am further aware of thousands of complaints very similar to mine. The fact that Ford has seemingly "dug their heels in" and will not own up to making a defective part, and thus far has shown no willingness to right this wrong, tells me that they have zero regard for human life! Ford is apparently okay with putting owners of their vehicles with this problem at extreme peril! Ford should be held accountable!

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Nov 152014

Fusion 4-cyl

Saturday night I was driving home from the gym with children in my car. The roads are snowy/icy and I was driving between 50-55mph (on straight roads, thankfully) when all of a sudden my light came on to "service power steering now" and the advance track light came on, no warning as soon as those lights came on I lost power steering completely. On icy roads. I thank god I was not in rush hour, omg I can only imagine! thankfully given I've driven for many years with an excellent record, I was able to handle the car and get us to safety. It was extremely hard and so darn dangerous given I was on slippery roads the moment my power steering went out.. again no warning, it all happened immediately!

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Nov 172014

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving the power steering failed and I could not turn as a result I hit the person in front of me however no damage was done to their car. I took to the Ford dealership and they said it is an electrical problem and will cost me $1800 to fix however I've seen several complaints and even a class action lawsuit filed and also a recall for the "sedans" have been issued but not for the Ford Fusion. Please help, this is so expensive and I love my car but this is a software system error and I've only had my car for a year.

- Smyrna, GA, USA

May 182014

Fusion

Several incident over the past two years power steering would default, service advancetrac, power steering default would appear on dash. I would turn car off and turn it back on the power steering would be back on. This happened on multiple occasions. On May 15th I parked my car. Went to church, came out of church, moved my car to a different parking spot, turned car off. When I restarted it the power steering went out and has been ever since. I was quoted at 1800 to get it fixed by dealership.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 122014

Fusion 4-cyl

When starting the vehicle the 'service power steering now' warning was displayed followed by the 'service advancetrack' warning. Power steering was not functional.

- Jenks, OK, USA

Nov 032014

Fusion 4-cyl

As I was going down the highway, my power steering failed. I was almost unable to turn into a parking lot to get the car off of the road. The messages on the dash read power steering fault and service advance trac. This seems to be a common problem with these type of cars. The replacement part is $1400 plus labor. Something needs to be done to get this recalled.

- Lettsworth, LA, USA

Nov 062014

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving, and the service advancetrac and service power steering now light came on. Had it towed to dealership, and they want 1800 to replace rack and pinion. The dealership re-set the computer and now I am driving it until it comes on again, seeing as I don't have 1800 to spend. I have researched this, and it seems several people have had similar difficulties! time for a recall! please!

- Waterford, MI, USA

Nov 072014

Fusion

The contact owns 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving approximately 20 mph, the steering wheel seized and the power steering light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The contact was advised that the front tire pressure was low and air was placed in the tires. The VIN was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Prior Lake, MN, USA

Nov 092014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated while driving approximately 40 mph, the steering wheel seized as the power steering and the service stabilitrac warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 101,000.

- Kearney, MO, USA

Oct 062014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 35 mph, the steering wheel seized. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 57,000.

- St, Louis, MO, USA

Oct 222014

Fusion 4-cyl

Shame on you Ford! hard working middle class family purchased a 2010 Ford Fusion for our son to use while he's in college. While driving the car on 1-95 the check engine light came on and also service power steering. The steering wheel locked and the car was impossible to drive luckily it was a week day so we were able to find a Ford dealership. Well they told us it was a evap pump $340, they reset the power steering sensor and thought they fixed it. Few days later the same thing happened again. Another mechanic told us it was uneven tire pressure that set the sensors off the car drove for an hour and the sensors went off again.there should be a recall too many people are having this problem. This is horrible Ford so many family's rely on your cars for the safety of their family! I will never buy Ford again! power steering warning message as the failure occurred again. Took the car to another Ford dealership and now I was told the front axle has to be replaced $2300. Money pit!! this should not be happening to a 2010 car with 48000 miles on it.

- Ny, NY, USA

Nov 042014

Fusion 4-cyl

Getting an error that the power steering has a failure and that advanctrack needs to be serviced. This happened when driving, thankfully I was able to pull over and get the vehicle towed. I have no control of the steering and it locks the steering wheel. Worried about getting in an accident, I don't have the $2000 to fix it. Please investigate this, it's all over the web.

- Royersford, PA, USA

Oct 022014

Fusion 6-cyl

When turning the steering wheel power steering makes a grinding type noise and the wheel must be turned more excessively than normal to complete the turn.

- Malvern, PA, USA