2010 Ford Fusion steering problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 20 of 30)

Dec 212014

Fusion 4-cyl

The power steering went out where I wasn't able to steer the car. I had to pull over and not drive it or I could have had a reck.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Nov 112014

Fusion 6-cyl

While driving through parking lot and turning into a spot power steering suddenly went out and service auto trak light came on. Power steering was immediately lost and I almost struck a car. I was able to get stopped and maneuver the vehicle out of harms way. Checked for power steering pump failure and found that it was electrical power assist. This sudden loss of power steering could have caused fatality had I been on the highway or on a busy street. This problem requires further investigation.

- St Marys, GA, USA

Dec 192014

Fusion

While driving, a traction light came on, some warning beeping and it said service power steering and auto trac. Steering wheel got really hard to turn and had to drive it in to mechanic.

- St. Paul, MN, USA

Dec 172014

Fusion

I had a problem with my power steering wheel wit a Ford Fusion 2010 I investigate end found that 2009 to 2011 have a power steering wheel problems that cost 1600 to fix it there's 1000600 complains about this and Ford needs to change all the power steering wheels end there's being a lot of accidents when people are driving on the freeway when the power steering brake down they should make Ford fix this problem like they made Chrysler I don't know know how much people are going to die until you guys fix this.

- Richmond, CA, USA

Dec 022014

Fusion

My car started saying power steering warning message, and the wheel very hard to turn, I went to the dealer ship, where I purchase, he told me he couldn't do nothing, I just purchase my Fusion 2010 Ford four months ago.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Nov 172014

Fusion 6-cyl

This is 3rd incident. Daughter driving vehicle on interstate approx 75mph. After 1 hr of driving, steering got stiff, advance trac light sensor appeared and "service power steering". she slowed down and was able to exit the interstate safely and park the vehicle at a gas station. After turning off the vehicle and turning back on, power steering was completely out. "service power steering now." My husband went to pick up the vehicle and see if it needed to be towed back to dealer. Once the car sat for about an hour, my husband turned on the vehicle and steering was operational. He was able to drive the vehicle back to the dealer (an hour drive on interstate going 50mph). He noted that the steering would come and go - didn't matter what speed he was going- it was sporadic. Dealer recommends new power steering even though the power steering was replaced 2 years ago. They weren't sure if this would or would not happen again. Seems to be a Ford defective part (software issue or sensors) that hasn't been recalled yet so by replacing the module again may only be a band aid till a recall is made and a "fix" is made to this part. "advance trac sensor, ?torque sensor, etc.. seems like once the advance trac sensor is tripped, it's a domino effect and power steering sensor is somehow disabled. Ford already recalled other models with this epas for different defective sensors - not sure why the Ford Fusion haven't been recalled yet. Maybe they don't know the exact cause of the power steering failure"

- York, SC, USA

Dec 092014

Fusion 6-cyl

The power steering had started to whine on Monday morning December 8th. The problem ceased to repeat until this morning Wednesday December 10th, the problem came back much worse. The steering wheel feels to lose electronic assistance - at lower speeds it is more noticeable. This has the likeliness to cause a safety issue when on the road and electronic steering malfunctions or does not assist properly.

- Eastpointe, MI, USA

Nov 292014

Fusion 4-cyl

Power steering light came on and said to service "now", no warning... steering next to impossible! took it to dealer as are independent garage didn't have access to Ford only special codes (apparently and another Ford customer rip-off). Had to then drive it (near impossible and late at night as to not cause an accident) since we can't afford to tow it to manderbach Ford, in reading, pa, was told the work was going to cost $1,700 dollars and when we were told it was fixed, we picked it up that same night and on our way & 1 min into the drive, not even, the light came back on saying to service now and it was as if they did nothing to the car to fix it including the alignment they claim it needed and clearly didn't do!!! so we took it right back and were told they'd be looking/working on it today. What a giant waste of time and $$ so far.. adios Ford! I plan to recoup every last penny for this unnecessary inconvenience to me and my family!!!!!!!

- Reading, PA, USA

Dec 082014

Fusion 4-cyl

Got in my car to make my drive home and service power steering now light and advance trac lights came on. Stopped at a gas station and upon returning to my car I had no power steering and was forced to drive the 35 mile trip home. Called the Ford dealer because I am aware that there are recalls on the power steering for these Fusion but was advised that my Fusion is not included in said recall. I bought this car to have a safe reliable vehicle for myself and family and am quickly regretting it! I do not have the $2000+ dollars that the dealer has quoted me to diagnose and fix this! and I should not have to! Ford made this mistake and they need to make it right!

- Attica, OH, USA

Dec 082014

Fusion 4-cyl

The advancetrac stability enhancement system's sliding car icon illuminated. I pulled over on a busy interstate and accessed the owner manual. There was no chime or other sound on the vehicle. I read about several potential problems and proceeded the remaining six miles home. When starting the car again, I read the new message, "power steering assist fault, " and the power steering did fault, I had no power steering. I managed to drive home. Once home after dangerously maneuvering there with no power steering through traffic, I read the owner manual again trying to figure out what was happening. I had just had my vehicle serviced at my Ford dealership 3,000 miles before today. They were supposed to top off my fluid levels. Once parked in my garage, I turned my engine back on and now I get the message, "service power steering now." After reviewing this online, I see that numerous 2010 Ford Fusion owners have experienced the same problem putting their lives in jeopardy yet Ford Motor Company has not recalled the vehicles to prevent loss of innocent lives. There is a class action suit currently regarding this matter filed. I will be seeing if I can join.

- Mount Vernon, IL, USA

Jul 182011

Fusion 6-cyl

The transmission would seem like it would go into neutral between 1-2 shifts and also on the highway it would sometimes act the same in gear 6. the transmission was changed once by Ford. Reprogrammed 4-5 times, and multiple parts changed and still poor performance exist. This vehicle was purchased new from the same dealer that has serviced it and I would like to claim this as a lemon in the state of fl while still under the factory power train warranty.

- Miami, FL, USA

Nov 202014

Fusion

As I was driving on my way home at about 30 mph my " service power steering/advance trac" warning popped up. Immediately I pulled into a 7 eleven to check it out. I turned my vehicle off and back on and the power steering was completely gone. I also noticed my front passenger tire was flat. I had my vehicle towed to the local Ford who stated the error message said I need to replace my tires. I asked would that fix the issue and was told I need to get that complete before they can troubleshoot more. Currently I have not authorized any work and chose to pick my car up. I'm so disappointed. I've had nothing but problems with this vehicle.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Nov 282014

Fusion 4-cyl

We were pulling out of a parking lot and a warning chimed to "service advancetrac" and, simultaneously, I lost power steering while trying to turn. We came to a red light so I tried shutting the car off. Upon restart, everything appeared to be working properly. However while driving home the warning came back on, and I continued to lose power steering at random times. Driving around curves was especially frustrating, since I would go into the curve without power steering, and it would sporadically resume function, causing me to run off the road twice. We have not driven the car since then.

- Lodge, SC, USA

Nov 212014

Fusion 6-cyl

While driving down a highway, my low tire pressure light came on and I could tell it was very low due to my ability to steer. I pulled in a gas station and tried to fill the tire with air, but it was blown out on the inside wall and remained flat. I put the spare tire on and when I began to pull away, I realized I had no power steering. Warning lights came on in succession for low tire pressure (still?), service power steering and service advancetrac. I was about 40 miles from home and had to drive in slow lanes as steering was very difficult. I read some message boards regarding an investigation into this issue, but can't find a common solution that has worked. Some say to just turn off and restart, others are saying they spend $1500+. I am worried that I will spend the money and the problem may still exist as it sounds like many have experienced. I have cleaned the battery, disconnected it as some have said also. Still the same for now, will have to take it in.

- Clermont, FL, USA

Nov 222014

Fusion

Power steering assist warning light came on after starting engine and pulling out of a parking space. Steering wheel very hard to turn, and steering was impossible. Shut off the engine, and restarted. The warning light went off, and power steering assist began working again.

- Studio City, CA, USA

Nov 162014

Fusion

The service advanced auto traction, service power steering and low tire pressure alarms all came same time and unable to turn steering all of sudden.the pressure on tire was good but still showing low tire pressure.

- Wixom, MI, USA

Oct 202014

Fusion 4-cyl

The car gave no warning and as I pulled out of gas station the power steering went out. I was unable to turn steering wall at all and had I been in traffic I would have been in accident.

- Lena, LA, USA

Aug 082014

Fusion 4-cyl

Power steering system went out while driving attempting to make a right turn and it locked up.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 182014

Fusion 4-cyl

We purchased this car in 2011 and it has been fine until today. I brought my son home from school this afternoon and did not notice any issues whatsoever, but a few hours later when we pulled out of the driveway to go to dinner the steering wheel was extremely stiff, we started getting problem notifications on the console and the entire drive was almost impossible to turn like we needed it to. The steering wheel fought against me the whole time - it was stiff and felt like the power steering was out. It sounded like almost scraping coming from the right side of the car. When we got home to check it out we realized that we didn't know how to handle fixing the problem as there was no reservoir that we could find, so we started googling to find similar circumstances and what was done to correct it. Everything we have read says the same thing, and we eventually were led here after reading that there is an investigation into this exact problem. We are extremely worried as this is our family car and don't know what to do at this point.

- Taylors, SC, USA

Nov 132014

Fusion 4-cyl

I started my Fusion was making a turn out of my drive way and the advance trac light came on the dash then in the message center it said service advance trac and service power steering now. I lost all power steering and car started pulling hard to the right. This occurred on Thursday I took my car to the dealer the next Monday. Now costing me $1750 to replace the steering rack.

- Neosho, MO, USA