2010 Ford Fusion steering problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 4 of 29)

Sep 082016

Fusion

Power steering. This is 7th time I taking my car to the dealership in the past 2 years, and 3 times this just past month. Ive been told I new steering wheel has been put on and the same issue keeps coming back. I have never had any other problems with my car besides the damn power steering failing. What is Ford going to do about this.!!!!!!? or are they waiting for someone to die before they do something about it.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Sep 022015

Fusion

I bought a 2010 Ford Fusion from planet Suzuki dealership in 2014. I didn't have any real problems for 2 years. I am leasing this vehicle for $22000. However, in Sept 2, 2015 the power steering rack went. I brought it to the dealership to be fixed and they told me there was no warranty on it. My finance company financed the payments of $870 in my weekly payments. The dealership informed me, it would be a new power steering rack put on. But, 3 weeks later the power steering went again. This time the dealership fixed it, because there was a warrant on the part. Then 6 months later it went again in june23, 2016. But this time they wouldn't fix it, cause they told me the warranty was expired, cause I went over 22000 miles. They say they don't no what keep causing it to go out! I feel like if it went out 3 times in 9 months, it should get fixed and not by me again. Then I found out there is recall on the power steering rack. However, I don't know if that pertains to my 2010 Ford Fusion. The dealership did not disclose to me there was any recalls on my vehicle. I can't affordd to pay $2500-$3000 for the power steering for a brand new one to be put on, as well as make my weekly payments on this vehicle. The first time the power steering went out on my I was on the highway, with my daughter and granddaughter, and we almost ended up having an accident.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Sep 022016

Fusion

My vehicle was stationary, setting in a parking lot. When I went to back out of a parking spot, I got an indication on my dash "power steering fault" and the steering wheel was unmovable.

- Mt. Airy, NC, USA

Sep 062016

Fusion

I was driving down a mountain pass and a warning light came on stating "power steering sensor fault" and at the same time my power steering went out. I did not know what to do so I manhandled it until I got to my office but had a difficult time making a left turn and could not manhandle it into a parking space; I had to find one I could drive straight into. When I came out a couple hours later, the power steering worked. I took my car directly to my mechanic and he looked it up online and found many were having the exact same issue and yet there has not been any recalls (please see: www.aboutlawsuits.com/Ford-Fusion-steering-problems-NHTSA-evaluation-72172/). I took my car to riverside Ford in sumner, wa to get this fixed and they are telling me that there has not been complaints regarding this issue. All you have to do is go online and you will see many stating the same issue. This is a safety issue and I am worried about others out there who have a sudden loss of steering. Please look into this before someone gets hurt. A recall needs to take place. I called corporate received a case number of cas-10508774.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Aug 232016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving 20 mph, the steering wheel seized and "power steering failure assist" was displayed across the message board. The contact restarted the vehicle to correct the failure. After restarting the vehicle, "service vehicle" was displayed across the message board. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the computer needed to be reset. The vehicle was repaired. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 15V340000 (steering). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 59,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Santa Rosa, CA, USA

Aug 172016

Fusion

The power steering column went out when attempting to pull out of driveway. When I started the car and put the car into reverse I immediately had an alert on the dash that stated "power steering assist failed" then flashed to "service autotrac". those warnings kept flashing and I had no power steering while attempting to drive my car 4 miles to the dealership for a diagnostic test. I was informed the power steering was non-repairable and must be replaced. The repair cost me approximately $2000 and despite being a single mother I did not have my car for three days.

- Bowling Green, KY, USA

Jun 052016

Fusion

The power steering on my 2010 Ford Fusion went out while my husband was driving. My husband was on his way home from work when the power steering completely stopped working causing him to almost crash into a car when he was attemping to turn.

- Jonesboro, GA, USA

Jan 042016

Fusion

Power steering goes in and out power steering gear bad due to internal friction in motor. Sensor code comes on to fix asap took to dealer will not honor recall because not right year. Recall for 2011 not 2010 this problem needs to be recalled for all years having problem around those dates. Vehicle was in motion when this problem started was lucky I was not on the high way I was able to pull into a parking lot and had to have towed home.

- Belleville, MI, USA

Jan 012015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the steering wheel failed while driving in reverse. The driver was able to restart the engine and regain normal steering function. The failure was experienced several times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing, but was unable to locate a failure code. The manufacturer was notified. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 114,000.

- Springfield, VA, USA

Aug 142016

Fusion

Started the car this morning and a message popped up saying power steering assist fault tried to move the car but could not move the wheels. The car can only go straight. So I turned the car off and back on and it seemed to fix. Glad I was not driving the car.

- Currie, NC, USA

Aug 122016

Fusion

I was pulling out of the bank drive thru and power steering quit working at all while I was turning onto the street.

- Meadville, PA, USA

Jun 012016

Fusion

This first happened to me on June 1, 2016. My 2010 Ford Fusion loses power once in a while when driving. A wrench light appears on the dash board and the car starts to slow down, accelerator does not work and sometimes the car starts to shake. You will have to pull over, turn the car off for a few minutes and then turn it off in order to drive it until the light comes back on again. It is very dangerous to drive it in the highway and specially when speed limit its 50 and trucks or other cars are coming at a high speed behind you because you do not know when this is going to happen to you again. I have this problem for a few weeks. I took my car for a recall for something else on June 24, 2016 and I mentioned to them about this issue and they said everything was fine. But I'm sure it will not be fine if I get into a car accident after complaining about this issue. The dealer will ask if the light its on in order for them to check it. But I have mention that the light goes on and as soon as you lose power and turn the car off and on it disappears.

- Briarwood, NY, USA

Jun 012016

Fusion

Complete power steering failure same as described with 2011 and later models.

- Atlantic Beach, SC, USA

Jul 302016

Fusion

While driving on a state highway in SC (speed limit was 55), the low tire pressure light came on followed by "service power steering now" and service advancetrack. Let me note the car was being driven by my 21 year old daughter. The power steering stopped working. My daughter had to drive/wrestle the car without power steering. After getting the tire pressure issued fixed, I took the car to a Ford dealership to have the warnings diagnosed. The car produced code P07ae-09. According to a NHTSA investigation report (PE14030) this has been a problem on 2010 Fusion. The Ford dealer states the car's VIN does not provide for a repair as directed in the NHTSA investigation report and wants $1,870 to correct the problem. They are stating it needs a new steering system which is what is described in the NHTSA investigation report.

- Lexington, SC, USA

Jul 212016

Fusion

Came out to my car to go out and when I turned it on the dashboard started beeping and an error message came up "service power steering now". the power steering went out and the wheel is stiff now. Last year, I paid 1800 to replace the rack and pinion and now this is happening. I took it to the Ford dealer and they want 2000 to fix this problem.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Jul 282016

Fusion

I had just arrived at my destination and the car had displayed a "service power steering now." I left and went in the store; when I came back out and turned on the car the wheel wouldn't budge. I had it towed to the dealership today to see what is wrong with the power steering.

- Diberville, MS, USA

Jul 222016

Fusion

I continuously have power steering failure and have to steer manually. I started the car got a low tire pressure notice and went to get air. On the way to the air pump, I got a service power steering message. I put air in the tire. When I got back into the vehicle, the steering wheel wouldn't turn. I changed the tire and still no power steering. I've seen numerous complaints about it and the cost being around $1500. Ford's dealership is the only place in my area that can fix it.

- Henrico, VA, USA

Jul 262016

Fusion

The orange warning light for stability control system came on once perhaps 6 weeks ago, but in a short period of time went off, while I was on the freeway. Nothing else until 10 days ago when steering locked as I turned left to leave a parallel parking place--along with an "advancetrac service needed" message on dash. Ford service did analysis, found "the electronic steering gear is bad and estimate to repair $1900." Part #61358; codes they retrieved were U3000-49 and U3000-72. Car is serviced regularly and very recently had its 60K servicing. I can't afford the $1900 so wanted to get estimates from other automotive service providers.to see if I could duplicate what had happened, I did a test drive around my block this morning and parallel parked again where I would need to turn left again after turning engine off and restarting. A "power assist fault" message came on and again there were several seconds when the steering was not under my control. This appears to be a too-common problem.

- Pacific Grove, CA, USA

Jul 202016

Fusion

After turning the ignition on power steering failed to work. I turned ignition off and on again and power steering worked. Faulty power steering rack.

- Mclean, VA, USA

Jul 152016

Fusion

I just had to pay 1900. To have my 2010 Ford Fusion power steering fault assist repaired, although it appears the 2011-2012 models are included in the recall. The power steering goes out, and the car is then not able to be driven. If this happens when you are driving you lose complete control of the car. I have owned and driven Ford for over 15 years (Taurus and Fusion) that I bought brand new, and I maintain my garage kept cars. My Fusion has 73,000 miles so the power steering should not go out on my car at no fault of my own. This power steering fault should be covered under a recall before more accidents and occurrences happen endangering peoples safety. I drive with little children in my car regularly and I am thankful I was alone when my steering went out. Please consider including this power steering fault assist problem in 2010 Ford Fusion to be a recall. It is dangerous and very costly to be fixed as I have learned. Thanks for your consideration.

- Houston, TX, USA