CarComplaints.com Notes: Power steering problems started rearing their ugly head in the 2010 Fusion, so you'd think Ford had plenty of time to make sure those problems didn't creep into the 2012. But here we are.

The Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS) is a mess. It fails at an alarming rate. Don’t believe us? Take a look at NHTSA’s data on the subject.

And much like the power steering, we’re still seeing the same throttle body failures that started in 2010 continue in 2012.

2012 Ford Fusion accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Fusion:

2012 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Apr 012016

Fusion

Driver seat, heater got super hot to the point of burning a few time, then stopped working altogether by 68K miles. Brakes, right side front completely wore thru outside pad only by 48K miles, right rear did same thing by 70K. In both instances only one pad was shot. Why only one pad wearing to backing plate, looks like pads not releasing. Electrical, all windows, including moon roof, open by themselves while nowhere near car and it's locked.

- Somerset, WI, USA

Sep 062015

Fusion

Drivers heated seat gets to hot and then some times doesn't work.

- Parma, OH, USA

Apr 132013

Fusion

I was stopped at a red light when a Toyota corolla rear-ended my vehicle. The speed of the corolla was probably between 40 - 50 miles / hour based on a road speed of 40 miles / hour. My driver seat collapsed backward during the impact leading to injury of both my shoulders, burst a couple of cervical spine discs, lead to bulging thoracic discs and a slipped lumbar vertebrae, bilateral knee injury from sliding up the chair, left perennial nerve paresis, intermittent numbness of upper and lower extremities and chronic back pain. I was lucky that nobody was sitting behind me in the car, otherwise my head would have impacted their body parts. I contacted Ford company to inquire about failures of their seats in rear-end impacts. Initially, they offered to inspect the car seat to assess if a failure has occurred and fix it. However, a couple of days later, I was dismayed to hear from them that if I wanted to file a claim for medical bills then I should do that with my car insurance company and Ford would mitigate the insurance company losses. Car seats should not collapse backward in cases of intermediate speed accidents since that could exacerbate spine injuries. Also, for the company to decline to inspect my car seat for defects based on their legal counsel recommendations show lack of care for their customers. I did some literature and according to it, when car seats collapse during rear-end accidents there is a lack of support of the spine. Even Ford's website claim that their cars are safe in rear-end impacts up to 60 miles / hour. I have proof that the injuries sustained were due to the car accidents. About 3 weeks prior to the accident, I had an mri of whole spine which did not show the above mentioned injuries on follow up mri after the accident.

- Setauket, NY, USA

Aug 082014

Fusion 4-cyl

Passenger airbag intermittently turns off while a full sized adult is in passenger seat.

- Forest Grove, OR, USA