8.0

2. disconnect battery so computer resets. (2 reports)
1992 Honda Accord transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1992 Honda Accord:

1992 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Feb 252011

Accord EX 3.2L V6

I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX V6. It's changing gears slow. The gears will stay stuck for a while then shift. When the gears shifts it jerks. This car also jerks when I put it in Reverse. This is my second Honda Accord. I had purchased a 2002 Honda Accord 4cyl and experienced the same problem. At first I thought I had purchased a lemon until I purchased my second Honda Accord. I see there is a serious problem with the transmission in the 98-02 model accord. I have relatives that have accords 98-02 and is experiencing problems with their transmission also. I keep the maintenance up on my car. Honda need to do a recall on the transmission.

- , Cross Hill, SC, USA

Mar 012010

Accord EX 2.2L V6

Annoying.. Cant go on highways, Commute sucks. i do not know of any way to reset or fix this problem

- , Parsippany, NJ, USA

May 282009

Accord EX 2.2L

transmission sucks!!! I have to down shift to 2nd and then go to d4 in order for it to take off or sometimes disconnect the battery to reset the computer. But sometimes doesn't work that way anyways. It works on reverse perfectly, it takes off on low1 and low2 but not on d4 or d3....can honda please help me with my problem??? I hear honda has a lot of these problems with the transmission, if honda is not going to do anything, what do we have to do??? Write to the senators or even our president just to see what they can do for them to talk to honda for ripping us hard working americans off that sometimes we can't afford to fix problems like this??? if I knew honda was like this, I would have never bought a honda...

- , Dededo, Guam, Pacific Islands (US)

Nov 092004

Accord EX

Still think the Honda is a pretty nice auto.

- , Oshkosh, WI, USA

Sep 232007

Accord LX 4 cyl

sometimes i can drive the car and sometimes it will change into fourth gear and some times it will stay in second gear and i wanted to know what might be causing that problem.

- , Cohutta, GA, USA