1995 Honda Accord engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Honda Accord:

1995 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 022012

Accord EX 2.2L 4 cyl

This problem does not always occur when the conditions are right which makes it double bad as the garage I take it to tries to duplicate the problem which is: Very high idle(3500rpm)when engine hot on a 70 degree day or more.I was driving down a steep mountain road with 4 passengers and it was all the brake power I could use to keep the car to the posted speed limit. I put the car into neutral and the engine screamed up to 3500+ rpm just so I could slow it down, it stays idling high until I shut it off and let it cool. I'm taking it again to a shop who says they have an expert on this so will post results.

Update from Jun 18, 2013: It was the speed control unit pulling on the throttle when it got hot.

- , Saltspring, British Columbia, canada