2. repair sensor (1 reports)
1996 Honda Accord seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Honda Accord:

1996 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jun 182009

Accord LX

My 17 year old daughter just bought this car all with her hard earned money. After paying for hood repair & seat belt replacement ($684.00), was informed that the SRS sensor would cost $881.00 plus tax to fix. If not repaired, the air bags would not deploy. I am so worried that I will lose my daughter in an accident but do not have the money to fix this problem. I will not let her drive on interstate until the problem is solved. I cannot believe that Honda does not cover air bags for the life of the vehicle - that they care so little for human life or at least be concerned about wrongful death lawsuits.

- , Metairie, LA, USA

Apr 292005

This is the second time my srs light has come. It came on 2 years ago and cost me $500.00 to fix

it. Now its on again. I have a list of Hondas that srs lights have become a problem.

- , Norfolk, VA, USA

Jun 012006

Accord EX

SRS Light on for no apparent reason (had done no radio installs etc.). Dealership's (Koon's of VA) diagnostic said the battery was low. I paid the dealership to replace battery and reset SRS. A couple of weeks later the light is back on so back to the dealership I go. Now they say the SRS "control module" is bad and needs replacing --- at ~$700.00. I remind them of their previous diagnosis and they then said they couldn't even be certain it was the control module. I demanded a refund on the previous charge (got labor charges refunded) but decided to cut loses and not have dealership fix. Some info on web showing how to "short" the module to reset it. I tried this but only a temporary fix. Seems the module is bad ... seems a lot of SRS control modules from this period of Hondas go bad.

- , Gainesville, VA, USA