- May 13: Hawaii Sues Honda and Takata Over Explosive Airbags news | 12 days ago
- May 8: Honda To Recall 21 Million Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 17 days ago
- May 5: Two More Malaysian Deaths Possibly Caused by Takata Airbags news | 20 days ago
- April 13: Patricia Mincey: Possibly the 11th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 42 days ago
- April 9: Honda Recalls Accord to Fix Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 46 days ago
Check Engine Light On
CarComplaints.com Notes: 1997 is the last model year in the 5th generation of Accord. Which means it's also the last model year before problems like widespread transmission failure, subframe rust and peeling paint took over.
Does the 1997 have problems? Sure it does. Any car this old will. Some owners say their engine started to cut out around 147,000 miles. That's still not bad, and getting to 200,000+ miles isn't out of the question.
Does anyone believe a newer Accord will reach 200,000 miles?
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 116,968 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)