- September 24: Recalled Takata Airbag Inflators Explode During Testing news | 1 days ago
- August 14: Honda Recalls Civic To Fix Side LED Lights recalls | 42 days ago
- August 7: What Can Happen While Waiting For Takata Airbag Repairs? news | 49 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 68 days ago
- July 16: Patricia Mincey Takata Airbag Lawsuit Settled news | 71 days ago
Check Engine Light On
CarComplaints.com Notes: 1997 is the last model year in the 5th generation of Accord. Which means it's also the last model year before problems like widespread transmission failure, subframe rust and peeling paint took over.
Does the 1997 have problems? Sure it does. Any car this old will. Some owners say their engine started to cut out around 147,000 miles. That's still not bad, and getting to 200,000+ miles isn't out of the question.
Does anyone believe a newer Accord will reach 200,000 miles?
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 116,968 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)