- April 13: Patricia Mincey: Possibly the 11th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 16 days ago
- April 9: Honda Recalls Accord to Fix Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 20 days ago
- April 6: Huma Hanif: 10th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 23 days ago
- March 3: Adding Car Options and Employee Overtime Cause Recalls news | 57 days ago
- March 1: Continental Airbag Lawsuit Filed After Massive Recall news | 59 days ago
Engine Cuts Out While Driving
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: 1997 is the last model year in the 5th generation of Accord. Which means it's also the last model year before problems like widespread transmission failure, subframe rust and peeling paint took over.
Does the 1997 have problems? Sure it does. Any car this old will. Some owners say their engine started to cut out around 147,000 miles. That's still not bad, and getting to 200,000+ miles isn't out of the question.
Does anyone believe a newer Accord will reach 200,000 miles?
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 146,825 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 8 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
- ignition switch recall! (2 reports)
- cleaned IAC (idle air control) valve (1 reports)
- replaced starter electrical relay switch (recall item) (1 reports)