- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 11 days ago
- June 2: Takata Says It Didn't Make Airbag Named in Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- May 30: Honda Starter Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 32 days ago
- May 18: Honda Recalls CR-V Engines With the Wrong Pistons recalls | 42 days ago
Engine Cuts Out While Driving
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: 1997 is the last model year in the 5th generation of Accord. Which means it's also the last model year before problems like widespread transmission failure, subframe rust and peeling paint took over.
Does the 1997 have problems? Sure it does. Any car this old will. Some owners say their engine started to cut out around 147,000 miles. That's still not bad, and getting to 200,000+ miles isn't out of the question.
Does anyone believe a newer Accord will reach 200,000 miles?
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 146,825 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 8 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
- ignition switch recall! (2 reports)
- cleaned IAC (idle air control) valve (1 reports)
- replaced starter electrical relay switch (recall item) (1 reports)