- June 19: Death of Jewel Brangman Caused by Takata Airbag
- June 12: Honda Civic Owner Kylan Langlinais Killed By Airbag
- June 8: Why Do Owners of Older Cars Ignore Recalls Half the Time?
- June 8: Lawsuit: Takata Airbag Killed Law Suk Leh and Unborn Daughter
- June 1: 2015 Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit Filed
Clear Coat Is Peeling From Hood, Roof, And/Or Trunk
1998 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 6)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 108,106 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 119 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- repaint entire car (62 reports)
- not sure (32 reports)
- Honda should fix/repaint or reimburse owners for lost value (14 reports)
- to keep me as a honda owner i want re-embursement (5 reports)
- Honda paid to repaint the entire car (4 reports)
- repaint only roof and hood (2 reports)
body / paint problem