- September 26: Honda CR-V Gas Smell Lawsuit Filed in Illinois news | 0 days ago
- September 24: Recalled Takata Airbag Inflators Explode During Testing news | 2 days ago
- August 14: Honda Recalls Civic To Fix Side LED Lights recalls | 43 days ago
- August 7: What Can Happen While Waiting For Takata Airbag Repairs? news | 50 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 69 days ago
1998 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 119,748 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 74 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- pay to have the transmission replaced (36 reports)
- replace transmission (19 reports)
- not sure (11 reports)
- replace the car w/different year (5 reports)
- prayer (3 reports)