CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.

Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.

4.0

1998 Honda Accord wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Accord:

1998 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Oct 012007

Accord LE

The best way to describe the sound I hear is this: Have you ever heard a fan that is on its last leg and you can hear the rotation (speed up, speed down, loudly) of the fan? This is the sound that I hear coming from the left front tire area. Its not coming from the engine.

This usually happens after I have been driving the vehicle for awhile or after driving at highway speed and then returning to residential speed (25mph).

Will my wheel fall off? It's making me nervous about driving. I have scheduled a visit to my mechanic in a few days. Just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem.

Thanks