- February 5: Takata Airbags Cause Honda to Recall 2.2 Million Vehicles recalls | 7 days ago
- February 4: Honda Accord Recalled After Airbag Defects Cause Injuries recalls | 8 days ago
- February 4: Honda Civic Recall On The Way To Fix Engines recalls | 8 days ago
- February 4: Continental Automotive Systems Recalls 5 Million Airbags recalls | 8 days ago
- January 30: Lawsuit: Rabbits Chew Honda Soy Wiring to Shreds news | 13 days ago
Subframe Has Rusted
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 238,599 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
body / paint problem