- June 27: Exploding Takata Airbag Involved in Death of Malaysian Woman news | 3 days ago
- June 10: U.S. Virgin Islands Sues Honda and Takata news | 20 days ago
- May 13: Hawaii Sues Honda and Takata Over Explosive Airbags news | 48 days ago
- May 8: Honda To Recall 21 Million Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 53 days ago
- May 5: Two More Malaysian Deaths Possibly Caused by Takata Airbags news | 56 days ago
Engine Stalling, Poor/Rough Acceleration
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 108,467 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 13 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- engine cpu replaced (3 reports)
- carbon build up in manifold. have it cleaned out (1 reports)
- changed the fuel regulator kit (1 reports)
- problem ceased after a few months (1 reports)