- April 13: Patricia Mincey: Possibly the 11th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 22 days ago
- April 9: Honda Recalls Accord to Fix Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 26 days ago
- April 6: Huma Hanif: 10th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 29 days ago
- March 3: Adding Car Options and Employee Overtime Cause Recalls news | 63 days ago
- March 1: Continental Airbag Lawsuit Filed After Massive Recall news | 65 days ago
Stalls Or Very Low Rpm When Stopping
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 107,437 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)