Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.

1. replace front axle assembly (1 reports)
2002 Honda Accord drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda Accord:

2002 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Aug 162010

Accord LX V6

RIDICULOUS HONDA! I will NEVER in my entire life buy another honda vehicle. EVER. within a year of having replaced my entire transmission, I now have to replace my front axle. I mean really, when do you ever hear of an AXLE BREAKING? Fortunately it decided to break while i was in a parking lot.. had it broke 5 minutes earlier I would have been on the CA-91 W and would have probably been a terrible, and deadly accident.

I learned my lesson... I'm buying European and American from now on.

- , Corona, CA, USA