- July 30: Australia and Florida Deaths Tied to Takata Airbags news | 22 days ago
- July 28: Honda CR-V Recalled To Prevent Fires From Fuel Leaks recalls | 24 days ago
- July 19: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Motor Lawsuit Filed news | 33 days ago
- July 17: Honda Recalls CR-V to Fix Passenger Frontal Airbags recalls | 35 days ago
- July 14: Honda Recalls 1.15 Million Accords After Engine Compartment Fires recalls | 38 days ago
Key Fell Apart
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure has been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accord as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
The stereo backlight problem has been an issue since these Accords were only a few years old. Honda eventually issued a recall which covered the repair for 7 years/100k miles, which was nice while it lasted but now that period is over. Honda initially was replacing the entire radio ($800) but eventually began replacing just the PCB which at ~$300 is much cheaper. That sounds like a deal, but keep in mind we're talking about a backlight bulb that costs $2 to fix in most other cars.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 92,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- duct tape (2 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
accessories - interior problem