Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

1. replace master cylinder (3 reports)
  2. no solution (1 reports)
2003 Honda Accord brakes problems

2003 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Aug 152011

Accord EX 3.0L V6

- , Easthampton, MA, USA

Jan 102005

Accord EX 3.0L

Master cylinder [traction control] was bad. They claim fluid was low. I told them they were the ones doing the service and they failed to top off brake fluid which they claim caused the problem. They fixed it no charge. Rear brakes failed prematurely also.

- , Greenwell Springs, LA, USA

Jul 052007

Accord EX V6

Well, if you read my original complaint regarding my defective transmission - you know that I am very unhappy about this car and Honda in general. Now my master brake cylinder is malfunctioning. My brake light and TCS light came on and stayed on. Nothing seems wrong when I drive but the dealer ran a diagnostic and they say the master cylinder and some sort of brake switch needs to be replaced. I am very angry that a car that is only four years old needs a new master brake cylinder. I will eat this bill only because they fixed my transmission free of charge but I am very angry and worried about what the next part will be that breaks down. My advice to anyone who reads this is "don't buy Honda!" They once made good cars but now they don't.

- , Long Beach, CA, USA

Aug 072003

Accord EX

I purchased a Honda Accord 2003 on January 28, 2003 from Fairfield Motors, Inc. (Route 23 Honda) in Pompton Plains, NJ. Since I bought the vehicle, I have had to return it to the dealership a total of six times. My vehicle has been out of service for repairs for a total of 30 calendar days and counting (it is still at the dealership). .

My vehicle has been in Route 23 Honda on the following dates for repair of the following defects:

3/3/03 Gas door spring problem 4/21/03 Brake problem (master cylinder replaced) 5/21/03 Brake problem and air conditioner problem (master cylinder replaced and part order for A/C) 5/28/03 Air conditioner problem (condenser replaced) 6/21/03 Brake problem and radiator leak (Final opportunity to repair) (replaced ABS modulator and radiator) 7/11/03 Brake problem and air conditioner problem (still in the service department)

Honda has not been very helpful in resolving these problems. Their customer service and mediation group are useless. I would not recommend purchasing a Honda.

- , Little Falls, NJ, USA