CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

6.7

2003 Honda Accord windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

2003 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Aug 012007

Accord 4-cyl

Recall notice on 2003 Honda Accord for window wiper motor. Consumer wants to be reimbursed for the repair work.

- Marlton, NJ, USA

Nov 062008

Accord 6-cyl

2003 Honda Accord ex and Accord LX safety recall windshield wipers may stop working. Consumer has issues with this recall and one for the transmission. The consumer has two Honda Accord and when she took the vehicles to the dealer on different dates, the invoices gave different explanations as to what was done to remedy the recall. The consumer began having transmission problems with the sedan ex. The transmission would not move to the second level smoothly. The dealer could not find any defects with the second gear. Five days later, the engine light illuminated and the vehicle stopped twice in the middle of the road. The consumer was able to make it to the dealer and a diagnostics revealed the transmission needed to be replaced.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Jun 012008

Accord 4-cyl

2003 Honda Accord windshield wiper motor recall notice. Consumer received recall notice after the repairs was performed and wants to be reimbursed for the repairs. The consumer stated the windshield wipers stopped working.

- Nashville, NC, USA

Aug 082008

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 Honda Accord. The contact stated that it took Honda four or five months to notify him of NHTSA campaign id number 08V169000 (visibility:windshield wiper/washer: Motor). In the interim, his daughter was caught in a rainstorm when the windshield wiper motor failed. The current mileage was 50,000 and failure mileage was 48,500. Updated 10/20/08. Updated 10/20/08.

- Kingston, NY, USA

May 132003

Accord

I purchased my $34,000 2003 Accord on May 13, 2003 from route 23 Honda in pomton plains, NJ. After purchasing it, I noticed that the plastic/glass moldings around the doors were were very deformed. Three moldings have been fixed after 2 times being in for service, and one has yet to be fixed(waiting for part). The radio was making a squeaking noise and deformed looking, and they replaced the entire unit. On the right front tire well, there was a molding that was never screwed in properly, and began to hang down, which was replaced. The shifter has a loose stitch on it, which is becoming very sharp and can possibly cut someone. The part was put on order 3 months ago, but I was never notified of it's arrival. The driver side windshield wiper nozzle sprays directly into the wiper arm. This was brought in for service 4 times, and finally another dealership(sussex Honda) ordered a new nozzle which will hopefully work. The car has a slight burning smell when I park the car after driving. I brought this to Honda's attention, but of course they didn't find anything wrong with it. The car also has a slight grinding feeling that can mostly be felt between 1500 and 2500 rpms. I brought this into service 4 times and they couldn't find anything wrong(again). Along with that, when I put the car in drive, after about 20 feet it makes a horrible grinding noise and feeling in the gears. The car also seems to lack the power that it should have. I know this because I had a 2003 Accord LX V6 coupe, and then traded it in for a 2003 Accord ex V6 coupe. The LX had a lot more power than the ex. Also the LX had no wiper problems, grinding problems, or other problems that I have with the ex. Overall I have found 10 defects with my car within the first month of having it. After all of these problems, and having the dealership and the Honda service center hotline treat me as if I was making up these problems and that it was my fault for having these problems I will never buy another Honda again!

- Hewitt, NJ, USA