Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.

The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.

Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.

2005 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Accord:

2005 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Oct 252010

The air conditioning on my 2005 Honda Accord stopped working...took it to a mechanic and he said after trying to recharge the system that the condenser had a puncture on it. Upon researching this mishap I find that quite a few other people have had this kind of thing happen to them because the condenser is not is completely exposed and can be damaged quite easily...Honda should provide a retrofit....maybe a screen of some type...and reimburse drivers of their vehicles for the cost of replacing the condenser.....

- Riverside, CA, USA

Nov 182009

Honda 2005 Accord ex: My power windows will not always function. Window will not go down when switch is pressed. If it is down, it will not come up. Neither direction works correctly. This has been happening for almost 5 months. This week the window went down while I was driving but had not pressed the switch. Our Honda fit 2007 just received a recall notice for this exact issue. Is there also a problem with Honda Accord 2005?

- Beverly Hills, MI, USA

Oct 212007

Accord 4-cyl

Honda's failure to disclose that a spare tire is not standard equipment on its 2005 Accord hybrid put my and my family's lives in danger. We first learned of the situation when my husband had a flat tire. Honda then told us that a retro-fit was available. Before parts arrived, I experienced a blow out on an out-of-state high speed thoroughfare at night. Two police cars and a tow truck were required to Transport us to the safety of a motel. Another 6 weeks passed before Honda had the parts to retro-fit the vehicle at my expense. Honda assumes no liability for this situation.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Oct 052005

Accord 6-cyl

Radio reception. We have the Accord with the satellite/radio combination with a cd player. The antenna is located in the rear window. The radio reception, in either am or fm is unacceptable. The local Honda garage has offered to replace the radio but insists that the problem is in the antenna design. The reception is terrible. Stations that are easily heard in other vehicles we own or have owned is simply much better. This is annoying at best. I would not have purchased this vehicle had I known the radio reception was so bad.

- Madison, WI, USA

Apr 292005

Accord 6-cyl

Hybrid engine does not operate per manufactors published documents creating very poor city mileage

- Carson, CA, USA