Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.

The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.

Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.

2005 Honda Accord drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Accord:

2005 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jan 252005

My 2005 Honda Accord has 40K miles on it and from the original date of purchase to and including today's date my vehicle pulls to the right. This occurs in 4-6 seconds I have taken it to my local dealer numerous times to have this repaired beginning at 1K miles. During this time they have aligned it 2 times and the tires have been rotated 5 times. I informing my dealer of this problem everytime I take my car in for my regular oil change (every 3-4K miles) at which time my dealer advises me this is 1. a "safety feature" and/or 2. the problem is due to low tire pressure. They claim to inflate the tires, rotate or align my car and to date it is not fixed. I have had all work done at stockton Honda and to date I have received no satisfaction in getting this fixed.

- Stockton, CA, USA