- July 30: Australia and Florida Deaths Tied to Takata Airbags news | 18 days ago
- July 28: Honda CR-V Recalled To Prevent Fires From Fuel Leaks recalls | 20 days ago
- July 19: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Motor Lawsuit Filed news | 29 days ago
- July 17: Honda Recalls CR-V to Fix Passenger Frontal Airbags recalls | 31 days ago
- July 14: Honda Recalls 1.15 Million Accords After Engine Compartment Fires recalls | 34 days ago
Vibration Felt From Drivetrain
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 54,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)