- June 19: Death of Jewel Brangman Caused by Takata Airbag
- June 12: Honda Civic Owner Kylan Langlinais Killed By Airbag
- June 8: Why Do Owners of Older Cars Ignore Recalls Half the Time?
- June 8: Lawsuit: Takata Airbag Killed Law Suk Leh and Unborn Daughter
- June 1: 2015 Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit Filed
NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 6 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 5 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 12,685 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.