CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.

The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.

Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.

2005 Honda Accord seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Accord:

2005 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Nov 212015

Accord

The contact owns a 2005 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the vehicle was leaking fluid from underneath. The failure recurred multiple times. It was discovered that the fluid was leaking from the power steering hose and a clamp was placed on the hose. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact also stated that the seat belt warning indicator illuminated when the seat belt was fastened and the brake pedal was depressed, but the seat belt failed to retract. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 180,000.

- Blackville, SC, USA

Sep 072015

Accord

I recently received an airbag notice to have the passenger air bag replace at the dealer. I promptly delivered my vehicle to the dealer Texas Honda of austin, tx. After the air bag was replaced and they updated the computer, I am now getting an SRS warning light which is intermitting. And according to my manual take it to your dealer. When I reported it to the dealer they advised that the two had no relevance. That I would have to pay for the repairs and that the parts were not available. According to Honda's site the seat wiring harness should have been replaced to avoid this.

- Buda, TX, USA

Feb 102015

Accord

The drivers side seat belt buckle, position sensor harness failed and gave a airbag failure display. Repair shop obtained two alert codes on the Honda Accord, e.g. 61-10 and 71-10. The harness was replaced. This is a safety issue that the airbags would not have worked due to a buckle failure. The two codes previously noted could not be identified. The vehicle"S VIN no. Reports no outstanding recalls, including the recent manufactures airbag problems.

- Lombard, IL, USA

Feb 112015

Accord 4-cyl

SRS light stays on all the time.

- Los Angeles , CA, USA

May 082014

Accord 4-cyl

SRS indicator light illuminated upon unbuckling driver's side seat belt with engine running. SRS light would remain on after placing seat belt back into the buckle. The SRS light would also illuminate at random while driving with seat belt in buckle. The only temporary solution was to stop/start the engine. Honda's diagnosis was a faulty seat belt buckle requiring a complete replacement which resolved the issue. However, the dealer would not honor the lifetime seat belt warranty for this repair.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Sep 162013

Accord

My car dashboard showing up the airbag sign on and off. I make investigation thru motor trend that this car has a problem about seat belt/buckle front driver seat. I call up american Honda at torrance ca. They told me my vehicle VIN # is not affected by this problem. This is surprise for me. The car is made by Honda. All of this kind of model should be affected by this airbag problem. As per motor trend the recall date was Jan. 03, 2007. And most affected is 2005 Honda Accord. Please help me this is not safety anymore.

- Morton Grove, IL, USA

Aug 012012

Accord 4-cyl

I was driving like any other day on the freeway and my passenger airbag deployed for no apparent reason- there was no accident at all. Luckily there was no one in the passenger seat. After contacting Honda they said they would send a representative to the local dealership to check to take care of the repair but the Honda dealership in el cerrito ca did not want to pay for the repair and wanted to charge full amount to fix it saying the car is out of warranty. I needed my car soon for my transportation so I went to my trusted mechanic to repair the airbag and he informed me it was not safe to drive becuase the driver's airbag could deploy at anytime which could result in a crash or injury or fatality. I would appreciate a full refund from Honda for cost of the repair as it came out to be $3,374.68. This cost is very high and I am not responsible for this safety malfunction. This is a major safety issue and I am very upset that Honda does not want to fix what could have possibly caused a person harm. Thank you updated 09/05/12 updated 09/10/2012

- El Cerrito, CA, USA

Jun 012011

Accord

The contact owns a 2005 Honda Accord. The contact noticed that the air bag light was illuminated on the instrument panel. The failure occurred intermittently but with time became permanent. In addition, the seat belt warning light would not illuminate when the seat belt was not engaged. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 24,000.

- Dania, FL, USA

Aug 182010

Accord

Air bag light would come on intermittently. Then started staying on more. Within the week went to dealer and they said it was my seatbelt sensor. Covered under my 5 year extended warranty. Thank goodness.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Jul 152011

Accord

Airbag light appears on the dadshboard intermittently. It only comes on if I start the car and do not have my seatbelt on. If my seatbelt is on, the light does not come on. Further, while driving and the light is not on, the moment I take my seatbelt off, while the car is running, the airbag light comes on.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jan 122010

Accord

The seat belts in the 2005 Honda Accord hybrid provided no safety in a collision. The airbags also failed to deploy in the same collision. I was the passenger in the front seat of a 2005 Honda Accord hybrid when we rear ended a Volvo S-80. The Volvo then struck an Altima. The Accord struck the Volvo with considerable force. The Volvo's trunk was damaged and would not open. The structural bar in the Accord protecting the radiator was also bend beyond repair. I had the passenger seat as far back as it would go and was wearing my seat belt. During the collision my knees struck the front dash and swelled. The driver also suffered severe knee pain mostly likely from striking her knees against the dash or steering column. I believe the airbags should have deployed. Even if the bags did not deploy then the seat belts should have held. The seat belts in the 2005 Honda Accord hybrid provided no safety in a collision.

- Winchester, VA, USA