- July 19: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Motor Lawsuit Filed news | 6 days ago
- July 17: Honda Recalls CR-V to Fix Passenger Frontal Airbags recalls | 8 days ago
- July 14: Honda Recalls 1.15 Million Accords After Engine Compartment Fires recalls | 11 days ago
- July 11: Honda Confirms Another Takata-Related Death news | 14 days ago
- July 8: Honda Recalls Odyssey Minivans to Fix Seat Belts recalls | 17 days ago
NHTSA — Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist: Pump Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 3,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: