2006 Honda Accord body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Accord:

2006 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 152014

Paint clear coat failed with well maintained paint.

- Telford, PA, USA

Jan 092012

Accord 6-cyl

This is my first Honda & will be my last. Bought the car with 50,000 miles on it-figured we were set for quite a while. At 53,000 the transmission went-3,000 miles over warranty. Called Honda directly & after crying, begging, pleading, etc they replaced the transmission free of charge. Three years later I have a car with 110,000 miles on it. The white paint is all pitted with rust spots, the passenger side motor lock is broken & the driver side passenger window motor is shot. God only knows about the air bags!! I hate this car with a passion. My husbands 1996 Toyota Camry has absolutely nothing wrong with it at over 200,000 miles!! I can't believe Honda doesn't put out recalls on some of these things as I've read quite a few complaints about them on the internet. Obviously Honda isn't concerned about their reputation at all. I was so impressed when they finally agreed to replace the transmission but its like I got the lemon of all Honda!!!

- Buhl, MN, USA

Dec 012014

Accord 6-cyl

I have white patches on my black Honda Accord. I went for an estimate (at the auto paint shop Honda uses) on a new paint job and was informed that there is no reason my vehicle should be in such bad condition. The white spots are on the hood, trunk, and roof. The dealer informed me there is no warranty and no recall for a defective paint job. The estimate started at 3500. I went for a second opinion and was told that there were 3 Honda same year, same color in for the same problem that week.

- Highland, CA, USA

Sep 232014

Rust is starting to bubble up.

- Pico Rivera, CA, USA

Apr 182014

Accord 6-cyl

While having the vehicle in for a power steering hose recall the dealer found two broken motor mounts. My Honda Accord LX has been making a thumping noise on acceleration. Its possible that leaking power steering fluid has caused the deterioration of the rubber in the mounts. The dealer service rep says there are 3 motor mounts on this engine. The vehicle has not been driven hard since new. With 2 of 3 mounts broken at 66, 800 miles is a matter for concern. The 3rd mount breaking would cause the engine to twist and possibly start a fire or transmission and drive axles to lock up causing a crash. Other Honda Accord owners have complained about broken motor mounts on-line.

- Munhall, PA, USA

Jan 012013

Accord 4-cyl

My car crashed into several wooden posts where the entire front end was damaged including the frame and my air bags never deployed. The car was totaled and I suffered injuries which required medical treatment. I informed american Honda of this issue on 2 seperate occasions and not once did they mention about looking into a possible defect in their vehicle.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jan 012013

Accord 4-cyl

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Dec 242011

Accord 6-cyl

My daughter was not able to open the driver side door from either the inside or outside door latch. This really scared her so that we she walked to our house doors she was shaking. This is a 2-door coupe and she was scared and almost panicking. She asked me what was wrong with the door because she could not open it. I investigated and the remote door opener was working. Even used the manual key to try to open the door but the latch would not engage to open the door. My biggest concern was the safety issue. What if my daughter was driving and had an accident and she had to get out of the car" what if the car was on fire" there is obviously a design flaw in the way the door was designed. I went to the dealer and I was told that there were other Honda cars that have had the same issue. Again, this is a safety issue. I am not aware if the other Honda owners who have had the same problems have actually reported this. I have seen several online post complaining about this problem...

- Hanford, CA, USA