2007 Honda Accord miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Accord:

2007 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Aug 262016

Accord

Sunroof exploded while vehicle in motion on the highway

- Edison, NJ, USA

Jan 012009

Accord

While sitting in traffic the first two times the air conditioning has gone out on the car. It has been repaired by Honda under warranty three times and has now gone out a fourth time. It has been taken to a dealership and hooked up to a machine and found no problems showing. Possible problem has been given as parts broken loose and lodged in the unit itself.

- Lenoir City, TN, USA

Jun 192016

Accord

Was on way home from a trip was over 2 hours away, while on freeway the car stops and and RPM went to red. I pulled over to side of road and turned car off. Waited 10 minutes and started it and drove the few feet to rest area entrance and RPM went high again. Am 32 weeks pregnant I had my two. Daughters and 21 month old son. We were standed at rest stop for 7 hours. The situation was dangerous tht without warning the car stops gasing and car would not move, had another vehicle been behind me we would have been hit. We were very lucky no one was behind us at that moment. There was no funny noise no dash lights coming on. No indication something was about to happen. Something that could have cost us our lives, something needs to be done about this. A recall

- Modesto, CA, USA

Mar 262016

Accord

I lowered the passenger side window today, and was unable to raise it. I was told by a mechanic that the problem is the regulator. I have recently read about the class action suit in California concerning the same problem. The vehicle was in motion, as I was traveling a three hour trek on a Saturday afternoon during cold, rainy weather. Needless to say, Honda dealership was three hours away and were closed upon arrival. I am forced to wait until Monday for a temporary glass replacement and also to have the window problem resolved.

- Durham, NC, USA

Oct 242015

Accord

Window on passenger side front and back are making bringing noises and front will not roll up.

- Warner Robins, GA, USA

Apr 022015

Accord

I purchased/financed a used- 2007 Honda Accord on 4/2/2015. Outside of an airbag recall notice received in June, there were 4 consecutive electrical malfunctions that occurred and is currently pending - 1) rear driver-side window motor seized, 2) both keyless fobs stopped working and requires reprogramming, according to mechanic, 3) cd/aux button no longer functioning, and 4) rear driver, passenger, and front passenger-side window motors have all seized and no longer functioning. It should be noted that the salesman did not disclose physical front bumper damage on sale date, and did not offer any corrective action upon notification. Vehicle was stationary in dealership's possession over a year - from sale date. However, they (owner/salesman) guaranteed the condition of the vehicle as above standard and recommended extended warranty.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Aug 102011

Accord

Air conditioning stopped working just after factory warranty ended. I called Honda service center immediately, they wanted to charge me $100 to even look at my car. They made no mention of being flexible even though I explained my situation and they knew it was over 110+ outside. I went to an independent shop to get my car fixed fast and had to pay a substantiate amount of money out of pocket. When I called Honda to complain about the ac dying after 4years they back peddled stating that if I had taken the car in to Honda, they would have waived the $100 fee and fixed my ac free of charge. This is a serious issue.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Aug 122015

Accord

This is the second time my ac has gone out in the middle of the summer in phoenix, AZ. The first time was 8/10/2011. This is now 4 years later and my ac made a horrible sound while driving, I pulled to the side of the road. My ac no longer functions and only blows hot air. It is +110 outside by noon. The only difference between this time and the first time is the first time there was no horrible noise, the ac just refused to turn on. I called Honda the first time and they didn't care since my car just ended the warranty period. This is a certainly a big issue that my car ac needs to be fixed every 4 years!

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Jun 052010

Accord 4-cyl

Struck by a flatbed truck hauling concrete block and sand. My mother died at the scene and my wife sustained serious injuries that will affect her fir the rest of her life. The vehicle was totaled....updated 06-12-15

- Elliottsburg, PA, USA

May 102015

Accord

Was driving on the 5 fwy and heard a grinding sound so I pulled over to the shoulder. My car then would no longer drive. A group of gentlemen helped me put the car in neutral and we pushed it off the shoulder to the gravel. I had to call a tow to take me and my car 92 miles to the Honda dealer where I service my car. I have a stellar service record with the Honda dealer and have only driven approximately 10,000 miles per year. The dealer identified the problem as a failed transmission. This is the second Honda Accord V6 where the transmission failed: I had a 1998 and it failed in 2006 with approximately the same mileage as the 2007.

- Manhattan Beach, CA, USA

Aug 012014

Accord

I have a red 2007 Honda Accord that I've only had for a few years and the paint has peeled along with its clear coat making it look rusty on the hood and trunk of the car. I've been told it's due to the quality of primer and paint that Honda uses. I wanted to know if there is something that can be done fix this issue.

- Lakeland , FL, USA

Sep 232010

Accord

Read this through and accept it as accurate. I am sane, intelligent, a former cpa. The problem is unusual, but I was there; you weren't. 2007 Honda Accord. When stopped for a traffic signal, car began to vibrate and shake violently to a booming base noise. The level of sound: Louder than standing by the speakers at a rock concert. The volume hurt my ears; it was easily loud enough to cause hearing damage for a prolonged exposure. I've worked in a machine shop, and I know loud. (I assumed someone with a mega stereo and sub-woofer pulled up alongside me. My radio was off, and I have a stock system, not capable of this magnitude of sound.) when I turned at the light, my vehicle was the only one there, and I realized the sound was coming from my car. The sound was definitively from speakers and an amplified sound, not a normal engine or exhaust sound. I revved the engine, and the sound did not change. The sound decreased slightly as I drove, and then resumed its former level. I pulled into a gas station, shut the engine off, and looked under the hood and body. I saw nothing. On the way home, I stopped by a Honda dealer, and they said they had never heard of such a thing. The service advisor mentioned it might have been the anc, or electronic noise cancellation, which is used to produce opposite sound waves to cancel out engine and road noise, creating a quiet cab environment. I asked if the system had the power to shake the car, and she responded yes. I was stopped at a light, so the only danger was to my hearing. If this happens to someone in traffic, the results could be dangerous. The onslaught of noise and shaking was jarring. This would appear to be an electronic glitch, and therefore very hard to diagnose. I am putting this on record so that anyone else experiencing it has supporting incidents.

- Kentwood, MI, USA

Feb 152010

Accord

I was hearing a rubbing noise when driving my car. Upon taking it to the auto repair shop, it was found that the break pads had cracked/split and caused damage to the rotors. The break pads were not worn, but had to be replaced due to the splitting and my rotors had to be turned on the machine due to damage from the split break pads.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

May 262008

Accord

Multiple electrical difficulties vehicle has been at the dealership on 2 separate occasions due to sporadic working of the power door locks and keyless entry system. They still have not found the issue. It is worse when it is humid and/or rains. During the winter months of 2007/2008; the stereo's lcd went warped and the whole stereo had to be replaced. On memorial day 2008; the drivers side seat caught fire while I was sitting in it parked waiting on my children to come out of a theme park. My husband burned his hand trying to put out the fire; and was out of work for about 2-weeks due to the burn. The dealership and Honda refused to take responsibility for this fire; which started inside the seat due to the electronic seats and/or heated leather seats, as determined by the insurance company appraiser. The seat had to be replaced, the electronic seat components, heated leather seat components, part of the center console, and the carpeting and floor mats. We got the car back on July 3. on Monday, July 7; my husband took the car to have it inspected (at the dealership); since the state inspection was past due. They rejected the inspection stating that the electronic system is not recognizing the seat belts. They later changed their tune when I called them and are now trying to say it wasn't that it was the airbag wasn't hooked up; and they could fix it. I know they are lying, and they are trying to cover their tracks as this I am sure is just another electrical issue in my car. I am at my wits end on what to do with this car. I can't afford to trade it in, I have spent over $1000 on rental cars waiting for it to be repaired, and now this. Also, the power door locks still do not work.

- Gloucester, VA, USA

Apr 162008

Accord

Had bought the car new and after about 6 months, the car made a funny sound while starting, drove for about a mile and the check engine light turned on followed by the car jerking and getting stuck at the 3000rpm mark, did not go past 3000rpm. The car was taken to the dealer where it was purchased and repairs were made.

- Pico Rivera, CA, USA

Jun 022008

Accord

2007 Honda Accord with very bad blind spots. Consumer states that the blind spots are so bad around the front window supports that you can't see vehicles. He also states that he has almost hit 2 people due to these blind spots.

- Quakertown, PA, USA