2.0

2007 Honda Accord suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Accord:

2007 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jan 272016

Accord

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Accord. While driving 70 mph, one of the tires detached from the vehicle. Prior to the incident, a valu craft ball joint was purchased and installed in the vehicle which caused the ball joint to seize without warning. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 141,000.

- Cross Lane, WV, USA

Mar 092015

Accord

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Accord. While driving at 35 mph, the vehicle shook. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Hartford, CT, USA

Nov 092013

Accord

Just bought my Accord in September 2013 with 105K miles on it.when I test drove the vehicle I noticed that the brakes were sticky.when I came to a complete stop then when I accelerated it took a second or two for the brakes to release then accelerate again. They told me that they had just replaced the brakes and that's the reason why that it was doing that.so within a month later I brought it in cause the problem never went away. They fixed the problem and just put brake fluid and bleed the brakes.the car ran a little better and the brakes weren't sticking as much.two months later I had to replace the brake pads.brakes were still sticky.3 months later I had to replace them again.then I noticed that when I would due over 60 mph that when I would press the brakes that the car would shake and pull to the left.I then got a aliment and still the car would shake when I would accelerate and brake.I then replaced all four rotors.problem stopped.two months later the cars left lower control arm was giving out.had to replace both right and left side.one month later I hear the brakes making a loud grinding noise.I had to replace the pads again.I find that every 2 to 3 months I have to replace my brakes. All this money being spent is not fair.Honda needs to recall these brake systems.my airbag light and engine light keeps coming on and off.also my stereo light goes off and on.help me please.

- Whittier, CA, USA

Nov 052013

Accord 6-cyl

Took care in for maintenance. Was told compliance bushing is wearing and should be replaced soon. I'm finding this item cost about $20. And several hundreds to fix due to labor. Looking at all the blogs, this particular item has upset many because of the design and looks to be a cash cow for the dealerships. If I wee to purchase all bushings for the lower control arm (3 each side) the total in parts would be $89. But to have the dealership to replace just one busing would be over $500. The lower control arm has to be removed to replace just the one bushing. To purchase the lower control arm which includes the 3 bushings, is just over $300 per side. Plus reading all the blogs, the compliance bushing has a tendency to wear quickly. Honda should fix at no cost to the owner.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jul 242013

Accord

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who detected that both front bushings were severely cracked. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Corona, CA, USA

May 072013

Accord 6-cyl

I had alignment/suspension issues (along with car groaning at low-speeds and turns) for several weeks. Local mechanic originally thought it was a tire or alignment problem because the tires were wearing unevenly in an odd pattern and car was pulling strongly. The problems persisted, so I then took the car to my local dealer. The dealer identified the problem as the compliance bushing. I had never heard of this auto part before, but after the dealership told me about it, I researched it on the internet and saw dozens of complaints about this issue from Honda Accord owners on various Honda forums. The car is a 2007 Honda Accord ex-L V6.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Sep 092011

Accord 6-cyl

Vehicle went to dealer for a transmission problem, transmission being replaced under warranty. Problem is that lower control arms are corroded and can not be re-used. These arms need to be removed to do transmission. Problem - corroded lower control arms at 52414 miles

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Nov 022006

Accord 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving 30 mph on normal road conditions, there was a loud popping sound from the front left side of the windshield. The sound also occurred when driving on rough roads. The sales/service dealer was notified and the vehicle was inspected. When the contact drove the vehicle again, the problem continued, so the vehicle was returned to the sales/service dealer. The sales/service dealer refused to provide a refund, replace the vehicle or to replace the seal to the windshield. The manufacturer was notified. The consumer found a service bulletin regarding improperly sealed windshields (molding problems) that cause popping/rattling noise. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but they claimed they could not hear the noise. The fuse box under the hood near the dashboard and in the interior of the car were tightened because they were loose. This affected the daytime running lights. The left front strut and the firewall were too close and were rubbing together. The gaskets were shrinking around the windshield which were causing the windshield vibrating problems. The windshield sprayer was clogged. The exhaust heat shields were loose. The front door window channels were lubricated and finally replaced because of the excessive rattling noise. The door jambs were irregular which added to the window rattling problem. Updated 01/10/08.

- Plainview, NY, USA