7.3

2. new transmission (2 reports)
  3. replace torque converter (1 reports)
2007 Honda Accord transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Accord:

2007 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Dec 102010

Accord EX V6

I took the car to the dealership and they told me engine mounts were broken. I was like what. so they supposedly changed those under warranty but the car kept doing it they kept saying they couldn't find anything. I have just dealt with it until I can trade cars.

- , Newnan, GA, USA

Nov 162011

Accord EX 3.0L V6

I purchased my 2007 Honda accord about 16 months ago used with 43,000 miles on it. i believed that i bought the perfect used car at the time. as a matter of fact my first car was a 1982 Honda wagon. anyhow, i am trying to understand how 40,000 miles and 16 months later my transmission is going. no warning signs or anything. just had a funny feeling one day that my car was not driving right so i took it to aamco where i was advised that my transmission was going and the only option i have is to replace it. Honda use to be known for their outstanding transmissions now they just put cars together knowing before this car hits 90,000 miles the transmission will go at no fault of yours. Honda really needs to pay for theses defects. IMMEDIATELY !

- , Dorchester, MA, USA

Apr 282011

Accord EX V6

my wife was in the carpool lane during traffic time around 3pm when all the sudden the car started to do high rpms. She was almost rear ended and when she started to pull to the side of the road the car down shifted into first gear. and then it started to work agian this time she was on the main road in elsobrante. during this time our house was only a few blocks ahead. But it kept going in and out of first to third gear. she made it home and then I came home from work and took it for a test drive and it worked just fine. Then about 10 minutes of driving it strarted to do the same thing. now it make a squeking noise.

- , El Sobrante, CA, USA

Nov 012010

Accord V6

When I first told Honda about the complaint they were more than happy to help. It,s a $1700.00 job but I can have it for $400.00. Replacing a torque converter is no one day job, and not $1700.00 but worth more. Thats when I began to question. Just a heads up to you.

- , Plymouth, MA, USA

Aug 282009

Accord LTD V6

Let me start by saying that this is the SECOND Honda transmission problem that I have had...the first involved my 2000 Honda Accord LX V6 that had a transmission that kept slipping when I would back up...even after I took it to the dealer, it was not diagnosed...UNTIL the transmission blew and was undriveable. So I turned it in and bought a new 2007 Honda LTD V6 Accord. Now we are in 2009 and this car felt like it would stall when I was accelerating from a stop - not all the time, but enough to cause concern. First time I brought it to the dealer, Cathedral City Honda, they told me it was the ac and replaced the filter. Drove away and it immediately did it again. Took it back a month or so later and they now found that the "jut" (the thing it does at the stop sign) is transmission related and they need to replace my whole transmission. I am dumbfounded that a car that is only 2 years old ONLY have 25,000 miles on it and has been regularly maintained needs a new transmission. People keep telling me cars never run the same with a new tranny, and I am ticked as I am still paying on the car. Supposedly the replacement is covered under my warranty - but what happens when this happens again...I mean, they are replacing it with a Honda transmission which obviously is crap.

- , Indio, CA, USA

Jun 112007

Accord LX 4 cyl

I bought this car new, with 15 miles. The day I got it home, drove around local roads, I noticed that the transmission slips when shifting from 1st to second, and less noticeable from 2nd to 3rd. I test drove the car with the honda tech, and he said that it is a known problem, and Honda had been changing out the "shift valves" in the transmission, but that it did not fix the problem! I just bought this car a week ago, and they say they have no fix!

PLEASE be careful if you intend to purchase a new 2007 accord, with a 4 cylinder (don't know if the v6 has similar problems). You might want to wait until next model year, because this looks like its going to be a massive recall issue. You can contact me at redd_green@hotmail.com with/for related information.

- , Burlington, MA, USA