CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.

BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.

OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.

UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

8.0

2008 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Accord:

2008 Honda Accord Owner Comments

May 242016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags), 16V056000 (air bags) and 09E063000 (equipment) however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issues. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Oak Park, IL, USA

Jun 222016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000, 16V056000, 15V665000 (air bags) and 09E063000 (equipment). The parts needed for the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available and parts distribution disconnect.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Dec 012015

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags), 16V056000 (air bags), 15V665000 (air bags), and 09E063000 (equipment); however, the parts to do the recall repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Blue Ridge, GA, USA

Nov 092009

Accord

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags), 16V056000 (air bags), and 09E063000 (equipment). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Dania Beach, FL, USA

Apr 012016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V061000, 16V056000, 15V665000 (air bags) and 09E06300 (equipment) and stated that the parts needed for the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 09/20/16

- Hoschton, GA, USA

Jul 222016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 09E063000 (equipment). The parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available and parts distribution disconnect respectively.

- Hawthorne, NJ, USA

Nov 092015

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V665000 (air bags), 16V056000 (air bags), 16V346000 (air bags), and 09E063000 (equipment). The parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Old Bethpage, NY, USA

Nov 032015

Accord

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V665000 (air bags) and 09E063000 (equipment) and stated that the parts needed for the repairs were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Mar 022015

Accord

2008 Honda Accord. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle touch screen dangers.

- Johnson City, NY, USA

May 102008

Accord

Both remote controls lose range of operation within months of replacing batteries. This has become very frustrating, where I often need to be standing right next to the car to lock/unlock it. I actually reverted to using the remote of my Honda remote car starter instead of the key remote itself (of which has its own set of problems).

- Pierrefonds, 00, USA

Sep 162009

Accord

I own a 2008 Honda Accord LX-P. on wed., Sept. 16, I hit a piece of construction debris in the road. The metal punctured the front driver-side tire. When I stopped to inspect the tire and replace it with the temporary spare, I followed the procedures for using the standard-issue jack that came with the vehicle to get the damaged tire off the car. The jack, however, bent under the weight of the vehicle; then it slipped out from under the frame, causing damage to the metal below the door. The jack, which does not feature a slot (more of an indented plate) to fit neatly around the reinforced part of the frame, did not hold up the car. Because I believe the poorly designed jack contributed to the damage, I contacted american Honda customer service and started a case. Following the direction of my case manager, david kitchen, I visited the breakaway Honda, where the parts technician commented that I did indeed have a "defective jack." He took pictures, gave me an estimate, then communicated this to david kitchen. This was on Oct. 21, 2009. Since then, I have fallen into a "black hole" with american Honda customer service. I have left many messages for david kitchen, with very little response or feedback. I even sent a letter to hiroyuki yamada, coo of customer service, which he never acknowledged. Finally, on January 19, 2010, I was informed by Mr. Kitchen that my request for assistance to repair the vehicle was rejected by american Honda because the Honda engineers "could not verify the conditions under which I used the jack." I shared that this answer was unsatisfactory -- that I was told by the parts technician that I had a defective jack -- and requested another person within american Honda to whom I could appeal. Mr. Kitchen said the decision was his and there was no opportunity for appeal. Mr. Kitchen has all photos, estimates and correspondence regarding this case. Four months of waiting on a relatively simple matter is inexcusable.

- Greer, SC, USA

Jun 012009

Accord

Car locking/unlocking alarm on/off remote activator. When care purchased new, remote worked fine up to 30 feet from vehicle. After a year and seven months, the distance was reduced to one foot; then you still have to push remote several times. Honda replaced the remotes (warranty), now after only one moth the problem is beginning again.

- Salins, CA, USA

Feb 082008

Accord

Bought a new Honda Accord 2008 in August 2008. This weekend the ac stopped working because a rock has made a tiny hole in the ac condenser. I am not happy with the response that the Honda dealer said. He said that the warranty doesn't cover this. Is this my fault driving on the road. Where else should I drive? I have to pay a huge amount to get it working now. I want Honda as a company responsible for this and want to sued it for making such bad designs. I am mentally affected by this incident which is no fault of mine. I don't feel comfortable driving now as some other part may break because I am driving on the us roads.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Feb 052009

Accord

Today I almost wreck because I could not see the turn signal on a 2008 OR2009 Honda Accord because of the daytime running lights. The lights are next to the turn signal and are so bright they block the turn signal flash.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Dec 122008

Accord

2008 Honda ex-L Accord coupe - during low light conditions (late evening/night) the headlights flicker every 10 -13 seconds. I constantly see other drivers gesturing at me as if I'm flicking my hi-beams at them. Honda says that this is normal and says there is no fix. This is the first new car I've owned that has this problem. The battery is a little bigger than a motorcycle battery. This condition I believe is dangerous to on-coming traffic. This could also lead to failures of various other electronic control systems due to the fluctuating power spikes which could lead to devastating consequences while on the highway or freeway.

- Marysville, WA, USA

Jun 292008

Accord

I own a new 2008 Honda Accord 4 cylinder. It has approx. 5,000 miles on it. The air conditioner has been working great. We get in our car to go and the A/C is blowing hot air. I call the Honda dealer, we set up an appointment to carry the car in to have it checked out. They find that the condenser has a small hole apparently caused by a rock while driving down the road. This is considered a road hazard and therefore not covered under warranty. What is this condenser made of"???? why-how- could this happen? how could a rock put a very small hole in this condenser? I think Honda has a problem with this condenser. Something is not right here!!! I have some questions about this being a road hazard. How many more times is a rock going to put a hole in this "thin" made condenser??? how many more times can I afford this to happen??? they charge me $98 for a diagnostic fee because this problem is not covered under warranty, otherwise it would have been free. They wanted to charge somewhere about $750 to replace the condenser if we file under our insurance and after the mechanic talked to someone else higher up, they decide if we do not file insurance, they will give me a break and charge me $279. Do I file under my insurance and risk the chance of my insurance going up more or do I pay the $279" after deliberation, I chose to pay the $279. (I already have 2 teenagers on my insurance!!) they have to order the part and it won't be in til next week and then I will have to make another appointment to spend the day at the shop while my vehicle is repaired. My brand new car with no A/C and I live in Louisiana. It's hot here people. It's July!!! this situation is making me even hotter!!!!!! like hot under the collar!!!

- Oak Grove, LA, USA