CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.

BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.

OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.

UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

6.0

2. honda will replace with a new xm receiver (1 reports)
  3. service bulletin # 10-024 (1 reports)
2008 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Accord:

2008 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Sep 012008

Accord EX-L 4 cyl

XM goes in and out, only way I have found to stop it is to shut the engine off and start it back up. At my next visit for my oil consumption test I'll have to ask the service manager about this issue also, I wasn't aware there was a fix. I've never had so many issues with 1 car!!!!!

- , Madison, NC, USA

Aug 022010

Accord EX-L

XM just stops after changing stations switch car off and radio starts working.

- , Hoover, AL, USA

Jan 202010

Accord EXL V6

XM radio fades in and out. Hondas' standard response, SOL. They're working on a replacement receiver, and will contact me when it's available. Meanwhile, when the radio acts up, I should shut off the engine and restart it. That resets the radio. Works, but not a solution. I should have bought a Chrysler!

- , Dayton, NV, USA

Jul 142008

Accord EX-L 4 cyl

The XM radio loses audio. AM FM and CD all still work but when you switch to XM there is no sound while all the controls and indicators work. Honda is having new XM receivers built for them and they will replace it. Get to your dealer before your warranty is up.

Update from Nov 4, 2010: Finally after waiting 2 years to get the XM radio fixed, Honda has issued a service bulletin # 10-024. Unfortunately, Honda never wants to resolve their issues the right way. 2 years ago I drove my vehicle to the dealer and had them document the XM problem while still under warranty. Then I documented the problem with Honda of America, got case # and all that. For 2 years I kept checking with Honda and dealers to see if they had a fix. Finally, I told Honda customer service that I will be contacting the BBB and Class Action Lawyers to get this fixed. 2 days later a service bulletin was available.

The dealer ordered the part and when I brought the car in, they told me they were “willing to pay 50% of the repair” since my car was now out of warranty. I became “unglued”. I told them to contact customer service of Honda America because they stated there would be no charge. Don’t take any of the nonsense that Honda loves to deal out.

- , Holly Springs, NC, USA