- September 26: Honda CR-V Gas Smell Lawsuit Filed in Illinois news | 0 days ago
- September 24: Recalled Takata Airbag Inflators Explode During Testing news | 2 days ago
- August 14: Honda Recalls Civic To Fix Side LED Lights recalls | 43 days ago
- August 7: What Can Happen While Waiting For Takata Airbag Repairs? news | 50 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 69 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2008 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 18)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 63,354 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 347 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (210 reports)
- per Honda consuming 1qt per 1k miles normal (34 reports)
- I heard that Honda replaced worn rings and engine short block (19 reports)
- call American Honda corporation to complain (12 reports)
- rebuilt the engine (12 reports)
- software update (10 reports)