- July 19: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Motor Lawsuit Filed news | 8 days ago
- July 17: Honda Recalls CR-V to Fix Passenger Frontal Airbags recalls | 10 days ago
- July 14: Honda Recalls 1.15 Million Accords After Engine Compartment Fires recalls | 13 days ago
- July 11: Honda Confirms Another Takata-Related Death news | 16 days ago
- July 8: Honda Recalls Odyssey Minivans to Fix Seat Belts recalls | 19 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 38,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
- dealer put a new transmission in under warranty (2 reports)