- February 5: Takata Airbags Cause Honda to Recall 2.2 Million Vehicles recalls | 0 days ago
- February 4: Honda Accord Recalled After Airbag Defects Cause Injuries recalls | 1 days ago
- February 4: Honda Civic Recall On The Way To Fix Engines recalls | 1 days ago
- February 4: Continental Automotive Systems Recalls 5 Million Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- January 30: Lawsuit: Rabbits Chew Honda Soy Wiring to Shreds news | 6 days ago
Visor Clip Brakes
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 40,877 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
- dealer replaced under warranty (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem