- September 24: Recalled Takata Airbag Inflators Explode During Testing news | 2 days ago
- August 14: Honda Recalls Civic To Fix Side LED Lights recalls | 43 days ago
- August 7: What Can Happen While Waiting For Takata Airbag Repairs? news | 50 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 69 days ago
- July 16: Patricia Mincey Takata Airbag Lawsuit Settled news | 72 days ago
Rotors Warped From Dealership
2009 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 17,903 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 22 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace all 4 rotors (7 reports)
- dealership re-surfaced the rotors (5 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace with aftermarket rotors (3 reports)
- have rotors turned (2 reports)
- buy cross drilled rotors and then sue!!! (1 reports)