- April 13: Patricia Mincey: Possibly the 11th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 22 days ago
- April 9: Honda Recalls Accord to Fix Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 26 days ago
- April 6: Huma Hanif: 10th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 29 days ago
- March 3: Adding Car Options and Employee Overtime Cause Recalls news | 63 days ago
- March 1: Continental Airbag Lawsuit Filed After Massive Recall news | 65 days ago
Rotors Warped From Dealership
2009 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 17,903 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 22 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace all 4 rotors (7 reports)
- dealership re-surfaced the rotors (5 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace with aftermarket rotors (3 reports)
- have rotors turned (2 reports)
- buy cross drilled rotors and then sue!!! (1 reports)