- October 12: 2015 Honda CR-V Vibration Issues Continue in Court
- October 11: No Recall For 2013 Honda Accord Electric Power Steering Problems
- October 6: Honda Recalls Accord Hybrid For Stalling Threat
- October 3: Honda Recalls Cars With Wheels That Lock Up
- September 17: Takata Airbag Recall List Expanded
Grinding Noise While Starting
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 69,767 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 12 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- replace VTC actuator (2 reports)
- adjust timing belt & pulleys (1 reports)
- replace the vtc actuator (1 reports)
- replace vtech solenoid (1 reports)
- valve replacement (1 reports)