Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2010 Honda Accord engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Accord:

2010 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Aug 172012

Oil light started coming on at that point. My car wasnt due for an oil change. Was hearing the pistons in the engine when I would start driving the car. I checked oil and it showed no oil. I would have to put in 2 to 3 quarts of oil. This has been happening and is still occuring to this day 2015. I have mentioned this to dealer and they claimed nothing is wrong. I just received a warranty extension from Honda and I am just about close to the 125,00 mileage that they extended the warranty to. It is a shame that they are contacting me about this years later.

- Manchester, CT, USA

Aug 112015

When driving on the freeway on my way to work the check engine light came on. After exiting I checked for error codes (as I always carry the P-code reader with me). The code stated that cylinder 3 was misfiring. I double checked all spark plugs to make sure the connections were okay. The engine light continued to come on, with a rough idle, and engine codes started to be more spontaneous as it stated random misfires/multiple cylinder misfires. I took my car to Honda and was told that I likely need to replace the ignition coil, so I did that and still experienced the same problem. I then took it to a shop where they also suspected bad ignition coils. They then did a valve adjustment and was positive that would fix the problem. After performing that job, the car continued with the same rough idle but only populated the error code stating cylinder 3 is misfiring. They took out the spark plug and ignition coil on cylinder 3 and discovered a cracked intake valve. I've spoken to at least 10 shops, 2 Honda service dealerships, and 2 personal mechanic friends that all state that a broken intake valve at 107K is very unusual and likely a result of poor design. I have read about the class action lawsuit for all V6 Honda Accord between 2008-2012. Unfortunately the 2010 V6 6 mt is one of the few models left out of that law suit. I have already had a shop start on the repairs as I have no choice but to have them done asap. I figure an unlikely event like this is due to poor engine design since I have thoroughly kept up with all scheduled maintenance (spark plugs, timing belt, water pump, oil change, etc..). I feel that Honda should be responsible for this 2000$ dollar repair.

- Glendale, CA, USA

Jun 012015

The past two times I have brought the car in for an oil change I have been told that the oil level is below the dipstick. Both times I have brought the car in for an oil change with 20% oil life showing. Shifting from 2nd to 3rd sometimes gets "blocked". that is the only way I can describe it, you go to shift and cant get into gear, either have to go back to 2nd or back to neutral and then back in. The "double pump shift" usually works. I have also had a problem with the speaker deck rattling which I had supposedly fixed under warranty but only to have the same problem.

- Bloomington, IL, USA

Apr 072015

I bought my car new in 2010 Honda Accord 4 cylinder. I had been taking my car to get the oil changed on a regular basis to the Honda dealership. Since beginning of this year, my car started making noise so it took it to dealer to check the reason. He told that me that my car is out of oil even though indicator say oil level is 70% and that is the reason for it's making sound. He told me that he could not detect the issue and bring it one more time. He temporarily fixed the issue by filling the oil. It again happened after a month and he again filled in oil but he charged me this time for filling the oil. He said that we will need to do "oil consumption" test as he doesn't see any leakage either. This is really scary to me when I see that there is already class suit against Honda for the same reason but that's applicable for 6 cylinders engine and not for 4 cylinders. When I asked the dealer about it, he simply denied any lawsuit or class action or recall for Accord 2010. It's defect in a car but neither Honda accept it or dealer agrees to it. However, I'm spending my money and time to fill in the oil every month after only 1000 miles. It's ridiculous and frustrating as well.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Mar 062015

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Accord. While driving various speeds, the vehicle slid to the right while slowing down. The rear of the vehicle made an abnormal popping noise when the speed decreased. The failure occurred several times. The dealer diagnosed that the ipm motor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 59,000.

- Alexandria, LA, USA

Apr 222015

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Accord. While driving 60 mph, the engine warning light illuminated. Immediately after an oil change, the oil pressure warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 86,000.

- Aiken, SC, USA

Jun 202014

Purchased vehicle 5/8/2014. Driving home and I called my husband and stated that the car sounded like crap--wasn't shifting correctly and just had a horrible sound coming from engine. He stated we will check oil and transmission fluid when you get home. To find no oil or transmission on either. We immediately contacted dealer we purchased from and we had it towed there for attention. Car dealer changed oil(which wasn't much) and transmission fluid were "fine". passing the buck! we continued to keep an eye on it to find we are putting quarts of oil in it. It has had 3 oil changes in less than 6 months and not due to mileage---due to each place we took it to-dealer-changed oil, jiffy lube-changed oil-Honda-changed oil and started "oil consumption" test. I have checked oil in my cars, since I was 16 years old. Honda stating "it's normal"--it's not normal to have to keep adding oil to your car between one oil change to another, due to mileage only. You can visually see oil everywhere on the engine block and laying on other components of the engine. Fix the car!!!!!!

- Hanover, PA, USA

Jul 012014

Excessive oil consumption. I am putting 1-2 quarts oil every 3000 miles, even though the oil life indicates 80% or better. I bought this car new and just noticed this about 9 months ago. The oil is not leaking, it is just gone. Also when I start the car first thing in the morning or when is cold, the top of the engine makes a rattling noise. There is also a loud pronounced noise that sounds like it is either the engine or the transmission, something doesn't sound right. I am taking it to the dealer to have it checked out.

- Lowell, IN, USA

May 152014

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the piston rings failed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that the piston rings needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 77,000...updated 02/24/15

- Springfield , MA, USA

Nov 292014

Accord 6-cyl

Accelerating from a stop sign and check engine light came on, vehicle began to idle rough and shudder. Limped to an auto parts store and diagnosis was cylinder #2 misfire. I was returning home from vacation and contacted dealership service dept where car was purchased from. Was informed that Honda issued a tsb for fouled plugs. Drove 290 miles home as all dealerships were closed.

- Buford, GA, USA

Nov 252014

Today I went to start my car and noticed that my mileage changed from 45,000 to 700,000.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 012014

Accord 4-cyl

Brought a car from millennium Honda in hempstead. Less then 4 months need a new transmission service manager refuse to give me a loaner car when I went to get it fixed. Still having problems with my car. Sold me a lemon. Making a sound like the engine is going to fall out.

- East Patchogue, NY, USA

Jul 292014

Accord 6-cyl

My 2010 Honda Accord V6 ex-L engine is misfiring and burning excessive oil. Current mileage is 35,340. The add oil lamp does not light up, to at least let me know that oil need to be added.

- Beaverton , OR, USA

Jul 032014

Accord 4-cyl

When starting the car at a cold start, you hear a loud grinding noise sounds for 2 or 5 seconds. There is a tsb 09-010 regarding a vtc actuator that drains of oil and is not properly lubed when starting the engine cold, causing the grinding noise until oil reaches the part again. Grinding noises in an engine are bad, and could lead to catastrophic engine failure should the abrasive metallic parts (due to grinding when there is no oil in the actuator) becoming lodged. This engine failure could happen at any time, possibly in a highway lane. While my car engine has not yet seized, there are online reports of this happening. Currently, Honda will only fix this issue under warranty. They also give the car owner a really hard time proving the issue, requiring the car be left at a dealership overnight to replicate the problem. A loaner vehicle is at your expense. If the car is not under warranty, this expensive repair bill is at your expense. If your car is under warranty and they are not able to replicate the noise, both the loaner car and diagnostic fee are at your expense. This greatly reduces the number of people willing and able to have this important safety issue fixed. Running engine components without oil should be a recall. It is clearly a safety issue that can cause other problems with your engine. If the engine stalls unexpectedly, it could lead to death.

- Madison, NJ, USA

Jun 202014

Accord 4-cyl

Driving approximately-15 mph on a local round-about and the engine appeared to stop running. I coasted to an intersection and stopped along the road. Engine turned over initially then only buzzing sound. Shifter locked in park after stopping. Door locks and windows were functional as well as the fan motor. Limited lights on the panel, tire pressure system, and red passenger seat icons were lighted. I would consider this a dangerous occurrence. Fortunately I was not in a bad location for stopping.

- Valparaiso, IN, USA

Apr 222014

Accord 6-cyl

I was driving about 40-60 mph when the engine mildly jerked and the speed elevated slightly without acceleration.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Apr 282014

Accord 6-cyl

While driving on the highway I was going about 60 mph and the car jerks mildly and the speed increases about 3 mph faster without more acceleration.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Jan 232014

Accord 6-cyl

Engine light came on; car chugged; called aaa and had it towed for the third time to Honda. A switch, oil pressure rocker arm pressure switch (rear) was replaced. This is the third time that a part failure has caused oil pressure/engine problems and left me stranded out of town.

Mar 312012

Accord 6-cyl

Engine light came on while driving on the interstate. Car chugged and threatened to cut off. I miraculously got it into the Honda dealership in orlando. Had to leave it, get rental to get home and go back for it 4 days later. Defective front spool valve assembly was found to be binding/sticking causing engine to misfire.

Dec 232010

Accord 6-cyl

While driving, the car chugged and engine light came on. Engine cut off. Had car towed to Honda dealership.