CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2.1

2010 Honda Accord fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Accord:

2010 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Oct 012016

Accord

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Accord. While driving 30 mph, the fuel pump fractured and caused fuel to leak onto the ground. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 164,000.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Mar 162016

Accord

My car was on recall for the oil consumption and the air bags are on call. And I also have a noise mask issue and transmission.

- Indian Head, MD, USA

Feb 082016

Accord

My car burns too much oil between oil changes. I have contacted Honda and vehicle checked out 5 times now for the problem, the dealership told me that for my vehicle to get fixed in the oil consumption class action suit it had to have the check engine light come on twice, etc. I have a problem with this the 1st time the light came on I lost about 50% of the power of the vehicle when I was travelling on a very busy highway, I had to change lanes and slow down because I couldn't keep up and my vehicle was shaking so badly. It turns out that my oil consumption problem had fouled the spark plugs and caused them to stop firing which means I lost the power of the cylinders that had the fouled spark plugs. Now they want me to wait till it happens again before they will repair the engine and follow the class action that they agreed to follow. What would happen if I was pulling into traffic and lost 50% of my power or am merging onto an interstate. This is a dangerous situation and they know the problem exist, but won't fix it in a timely manner. I am concerned about driving the vehicle.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Apr 072015

Accord

I bought my car new in 2010 Honda Accord 4 cylinder. I had been taking my car to get the oil changed on a regular basis to the Honda dealership. Since beginning of this year, my car started making noise so it took it to dealer to check the reason. He told that me that my car is out of oil even though indicator say oil level is 70% and that is the reason for it's making sound. He told me that he could not detect the issue and bring it one more time. He temporarily fixed the issue by filling the oil. It again happened after a month and he again filled in oil but he charged me this time for filling the oil. He said that we will need to do "oil consumption" test as he doesn't see any leakage either. This is really scary to me when I see that there is already class suit against Honda for the same reason but that's applicable for 6 cylinders engine and not for 4 cylinders. When I asked the dealer about it, he simply denied any lawsuit or class action or recall for Accord 2010. It's defect in a car but neither Honda accept it or dealer agrees to it. However, I'm spending my money and time to fill in the oil every month after only 1000 miles. It's ridiculous and frustrating as well.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jun 202014

Accord

Purchased vehicle 5/8/2014. Driving home and I called my husband and stated that the car sounded like crap--wasn't shifting correctly and just had a horrible sound coming from engine. He stated we will check oil and transmission fluid when you get home. To find no oil or transmission on either. We immediately contacted dealer we purchased from and we had it towed there for attention. Car dealer changed oil(which wasn't much) and transmission fluid were "fine". passing the buck! we continued to keep an eye on it to find we are putting quarts of oil in it. It has had 3 oil changes in less than 6 months and not due to mileage---due to each place we took it to-dealer-changed oil, jiffy lube-changed oil-Honda-changed oil and started "oil consumption" test. I have checked oil in my cars, since I was 16 years old. Honda stating "it's normal"--it's not normal to have to keep adding oil to your car between one oil change to another, due to mileage only. You can visually see oil everywhere on the engine block and laying on other components of the engine. Fix the car!!!!!!

- Hanover, PA, USA

Nov 292014

Accord 6-cyl

Accelerating from a stop sign and check engine light came on, vehicle began to idle rough and shudder. Limped to an auto parts store and diagnosis was cylinder #2 misfire. I was returning home from vacation and contacted dealership service dept where car was purchased from. Was informed that Honda issued a tsb for fouled plugs. Drove 290 miles home as all dealerships were closed.

- Buford, GA, USA