Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2010 Honda Accord fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Accord:

2010 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Aug 132014

Accord 6-cyl

While attempting to pass a semi-truck on a two lane highway, my 2010 Honda Accord V6 lost power a few minutes after acceleration. The truck driver probably felt that I was being rude and slamming on my breaks, but I was trying to move to the shoulder of the road because my car was losing power. The car was towed to an independent shop that specializes in Honda makes/models. Upon review of the vehicle, the shop found oil in all three catalytic converters. My 2010 Honda Accord is part of the class action lawsuit for misfire and oil consumption (leakage). I called Honda America and notified the company about the issue while attempting to pass. I have been told by the dealer's service department and the independent shop that they have never seen this type of issue. I asked if it was related to the issues identified in the class action lawsuit, both stated they couldn't understand "why oil would be in the converters". I have used the dealerships service department for all work minus the alternator (2 weeks ago). A new shortblock was installed 20K miles ago (part of the misfire/oil issue). My main concern is the situation of losing power in the middle of acceleration. I was extremely lucky today (and I did not have a solid yellow line when I was passing - pretty much a straight away). I told Honda America they needed to look into the possibility that the issues with the 2010 Honda Accord V6 goes beyond misfire and oil consumption. I attempted to google accidents and issues with 2010 Honda Accord. This is a major safety concern and NHTSA should look into this issue (potential causes for accidents involving 2010 Honda Accord V6 models).

- Killeen, TX, USA