Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2011 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2011 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Accord:

2011 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 012015

I am having major low back and tail bone pain from the front seats. I have a hard time even driving 15 miles to work. The seat issues make it impossible to travel far distances and I need to rent a car. I drive a lot for my job, so I'm in the car most of the day. The pain and discomfort are in every position the seat can go. There is no relief.

- Brighton, CO, USA

Nov 182014

The 2011 Honda Accord is excellent car but the seats are incredibly a nightmare. The seats are very uncomfortable in fact I had to seek the help of a chiropractor. You cannot drive the car 3 miles before you start feeling neck pains, shoulders and upper back. Head rest and the seat curves makes one more miserable on the wheels. I hope something will be done to help this sad news.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Apr 222014

I purchased the 2011 Honda Accord coupe used from norm reeves Honda in cerritos, ca. I have been experiencing extreme leg and back pain after long commutes. I am completely afraid to continue driving the vehicle. I had to resort to driving a company car instead, the pain still exists after 3 weeks of not driving the vehicle. Please investigate into this, there are hundreds of consumers affected by the seats. Honda will not do anything.

- Rosemead, CA, USA

Jun 012015

The driver seat cause back pain, back injuries and require ibuprofen to tolerate driving the car. Several of hundreds of consumer complaint to Honda and even though the local dealer acknowledge the problem. Honda is refusing to acknowledge the defective seat that cause back injuries and replace the seat.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Mar 302015

I have been to several dealers and I get the same answer. If I figure out how to fix my seat problem it will void my warranty. I can not get the seat on a 90 degree is cutting off my circulation and my foot goes numb. I have a knee replacement and can not get my leg straight enough so my knee does not start to hurt. Between the numbness and the knee pain I am afraid of having an accident due to the angle of the seat. I have tried all sorts of pillows, etc. Does not help. If I replace the seat with one that will shift to a right angle it will void the warranty, so will putting a wedge of any kind under the back of the seat. I am heading for an accident and apparently I can not do anything to fix the situation without giving myself another big problem. I can not imagine that I am the only person with this problem. Some people that have had accidents may not ever realize that the cause was - numb leg and foot due the seat cutting off the circulation. I purchased this car in mid August 2014.

- Port Washington, NY, USA

Mar 212015

This model car has the most awful, poorly designed seats. I am vary sure people will get sever back problem with this kind of seat design.

- Burnsville, MN, USA

Dec 012011

Accord 4-cyl

This vehicle has killed my back, and that too without any accident. It has the most awful, poorly designed seats. For over two years I thought my bad back was a problem due to my work posture and diet. And I tried every thing I could think of, along with monthly visits to a chiropractor. I connected the problem to the car quite accidentally. I happen to change cars for a few months and my back problems just vanished. And now I can notice how my back goes out of whack the moment I drive in this car, whether a passenger or a driver. I cannot last more than a mile or two. If I go longer than ten minutes, I have to visit the chiropractor the next day. Though the car is not wrecked, it has wrecked my back.

- Lafayette, LA, USA

Nov 012014

Accord 4-cyl

The seats in my car I find to be horribly uncomfortable. I am not sure this site is appropriate for the compliant, but thought I would try. The headrest is not ergonomic at all, it pushes my head forward when I sit back. This causes literally a pain in my neck from strain, and simply a danger since the annoyance is a distraction from driving.

- Snohomish, WA, USA

Mar 162011

Accord 4-cyl

The passenger and driver's seats are extremely uncomfortable. These seat are going to cause back problems. Honda should fix these immediately.

- Valley Center, CA, USA

Nov 042011

Accord 4-cyl

Drivers seat causes unbearable pain and damage to cervical spine, lumbar spine and legs. Poor design places spine in uncomfortable and damaging position and causes numbness and nerve damage to my legs. I am in severe pain whenever driving car Honda should replace or repair seats or compensate owners for cost of trading in car.

- Dublin, PA, USA

Aug 102012

The drivers side seat is very uncomfortable due to over protruding lumbar support. Took car into dealership to ask about adjusting the support and was told there was no way to do it and this is my only option. Was told that lumber adjustment was available in higher trim model. This seems to be a very basic function and don't see why I would need to buy a top of the line vehicle to have the adjustment available. It is so bad that it is actually hurting my lower back when I'm driving for extended periods of time.

- Maineville, OH, USA

Aug 152012

Accord 4-cyl

The front seats in the 2011 Honda Accord need to be recalled and replaced. It has caused me (and thousands of others online) to have severe back pain. The lower lumbar support sticks out way to far and causes uneven support to your lower and upper back. I have never had back issues, but after driving this car for a week, I am in serious pain. So what are my options" go buy expensive aftermarket pillows that don't work? trade the car back in and lose thousands and thousands of dollars? or maybe I should just live with the pain and absorb the cost of a chiropractor" normally I wouldn't complain, but this is a serious issue. Just look it up online. This seriously needs to be fixed asap or Honda could get sued. There is enough info out there and upset customers to cause Honda a huge legal nightmare.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Feb 162012

Seats in 2011 Honda Accord are unbearable especially passenger seat. After riding for a short period of time back hurts & remains sore afterwards. Took the car to dealership where purchased(still under warranty), was told nothing is wrong. Its the seats design & would not do anything about it. Service manager told me to try using a pillow to sit in a different position. I don't think U should have to use a pillow for comfort in a $ 28000 car.

- Deatsville, AL, USA

Sep 012011

Accord 4-cyl

Back pain beginning shortly after purchase. Initially just in car; eventually became chronic. This lead to chiropractor care, physiologist, X-ray, mri, shots, pain meds and likely will include surgery for 2 bulging discs/sciatica. I have pain in my lower back, extending down one leg and numbness in my foot as well as spasms. My doctor advised me to sell this car; but it will be at considerable loss. I have had to give up driving this car but since my pain is constant; it no longer matters what I drive. We purchased Honda because they have a great reputation for longevity; but we didn't count on how life altering that decision would be.

- Troutville, VA, USA

Apr 012012

Accord 6-cyl

I owned a 2003 Accord and loved it. When it came time to get a new car, I only wanted a new Accord. I didn't even test drive it. What a mistake! for the first week, every time I drove the car I tried to readjust the seat to make it more comfortable. Nothing worked. I have beautiful leather seats, but I sit on a wedge and have a lumbar pillow stuffed behind my back. My hip and back were thrown out of line to the point that 4 months after buying the car, I was using a cane. I no longer use the cane, but I no longer take this car for long drives. The seats cause pain in my back, hips and legs. In my 2003 Accord I was able to tip the seat so my knees would raise up or down. The new "improved" seats did away with that feature. In addition, the head restraint pushes my head forward and down causing neck pain. My pregnant daughter is in the market for a 4 door car to replace her 2 door car. I offered to give her the Accord and pay to have it shipped to L.a. for her. On a recent trip home for a wedding, she drove the car for half an hour and refused the gift. Can you imagine how bad the seats are to turn down a 1 year old car with 11,000 miles on it because it's so uncomfortable?? Honda has lost me as a customer. When I called Honda to complain several times, they made me feel as if I were the only one who had ever complained of this problem.

- Valley Stream, NY, USA

Oct 142011

Accord 6-cyl

My current Accord is the 4th I've leased since 2002. When the car hit 1,000 miles the springs in the bottom seat cushion started to feel like they were pushing up through the seat. The longer I was in the car the worse it got. It actually became painful to drive. Searching on the internet, I saw that I was not alone. Many complained of the same problem and were told by their dealer that the seats were within specifications and no problem could be found. Sadly, my dealer told me the same, although they made an "adjustment" to the problem that didn't exist and reduced the seat from painful to just really uncomfortable. I'm 6'3". if you sit into the back of the seat you will regret purchasing this vehicle. Honda is in denial about the issue and won't stand behind their product.

- Perrysburg, OH, USA

Sep 302010

Accord 4-cyl

Front driver seat lumbar painful to sit in for any amount of time (now that my back is in spasm created by the seat) due to the misalignment and over inflated lumbar support bag, even when completley deflated. This is causing siatica and lower limb numbness and tingling related to spinal nerve compression. Driving in a constant distracted manner due to severe pain and numbness increases the possibility of an accident due to distraction. I was distracted :last night trying to readjust the seat for the 50,000th time to decrease the pain, and I almost hit a jaywalker! so, I have seen so many of these complaints about these seats. Why don"T you do anything to help us?

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 102011

The contact previously owned a 2011 Honda Accord. The contact stated while driving at any speed, he would sustain intense back pain and numbness in the left leg which was contributed to the design of front driver's side seat. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where they were unable to offer any assistance. The manufacturer was notified of the constant problem. The contact no longer owns the vehicle. The approximate failure mileage was 45.

- Pepperell, MA, USA

Jun 222011

Bought Accord 2011 SE on July 22. After first week of ownership, I found it hard to adjust the driver seat to a confortable position. It started giving me either leg pain or back pain or shoulder/neck pain. The seat feels so hard and impossible to find a good position to drive for more than 10 min. Thanks to the power seta, I kept adjusting the seat while driving but could not find a good position. Called Honda, they asked me to call dealer. The dealer advised me to trade in the car. Only if I had felt this during my test drive..ahh....too late now. Not sure what to do. Dont want to loose thousands of dollors in replacing the car, but cant see myself driving this car up to 150,000 miles.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

May 312011

The front seats in my 2011 Honda Accord LX-P give me leg cramps and lower back pain. The seat bottom is very hard and unforgiving, and the lumbar support is too pronounced. I test drove the car for 15-20 mins. And did not notice this. But I sure noticed it on my 30+ min. Commute to work the first time. I've tried numerous seat adjustments and seat cushions to no avail. I'm 6'2" 170 lbs. So I don't consider myself an abnormally sized person. I actually considered trading in the car after a few weeks for a substantial loss. I really hope Honda does something to address these uncomfortable front seats.

- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA