Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2012 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2012 Honda Accord body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Accord:

2012 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Apr 052016

Honda Accord 2012 model trunk spring broken leading trunk free falling can cause serious human body damage or potential fatal issue if kid or teenager is involved. What happened on my 2012 Accord (less than 4 yr and about 51K mil) is one of two trunk spring is broken at end. I believe it is serious quality issue based on my observation due to material fatigue. I got hit on my head after opening the trunk but not aware of trunk free falling due to spring broken when I was moving stuff in the trunk. As adult, I stand tall so the travel distance of falling trunk above my head is short however I still feel the pain now. No bleeding but bruise for sure. Imagine if kid or teenager is involved, the damage to human body can be serious and even fatal. I did test myself by putting kid helmet and plastic bottle there. The helmet surface has dent and cut for sure after trunk free falling. The bottle is totally smashed by free falling trunk. I searched online and realized that the incident happened on our car could be 1st one happened on this still kinde of new 2012 Accord. I am afraid it will start showing up and the impact definitely can be serious human body damage even fatal depending on who is involved and people may not be aware of trunk spring broken with body (head, arm, hand...) underneath free falling trunk. I strongly recommend related government related institution and Honda to investigate seriously. If it has to be recall, it has to be quick. It (hit by falling trunk) already happened to me and my wife. We already put warning sign on the trunk to our kid not opening it before fix. I have both test videos and photos showing the serious impact by free falling trunk however due to file size limitation, I can only upload 5 photos. I can provide further videos and additional photos if required.

- Long Grove, IL, USA

Jan 132016

I was going straight and the lady she came from parking lut N hit me up.she had stop sing but she didn't stop. Ido have my police report if you guys need to?...updated 08/01/16

- Paterson, NJ, USA

Sep 302015

Very easy to accidentally cause all windows to fully open in locked car when keyfob is in pocket. This has caused car interior to become soaked including contents and gives full access to all contents and trunk. This could be extremely dangerous in a city environment as someone could enter car and hide in back at night. This happens when car is parked and locked.

- Wayland, MA, USA

Aug 032015

On 8/03/2015 I was rear ended by another SUV that failed to stop while I was waiting behind a red light. The impact of the accident was severe enough to force my car to hit the other car in front of me and consequently I was taken but the ambulance to the local hospital for further physical examination. I am writing you this because after my release from the hospital I noticed due to the high speed impact the air bag light in my car had been turned on yet the air bag itself never deployed. Therefore I would like to make an official complaint and inquiry about the Honda auto company. I believe I might have skipped very serious physical injuries perhaps by luck yet the fact that the airbag of my Honda never deployed is rey disturbing to me. I would appreciate your help in this matter.

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Jan 122015

Accord 6-cyl

Our 2012 4 door/V6 Honda Accord was involved in a crash. A mack truck hit our car from behind at an estimated speed of 50. We hit the car in front of us at an estimated speed of 20. The vehicle was considered totaled with an estimate of $22000-$25000 in damages. The front airbags never deployed. In my research, 2012 Honda's had a recall regarding side airbags not deploying ( I am concerned there might be an issue with the front airbags as well. I reported the issue to american Honda as a safety concerns for other Honda owners. Honda documented all the information regarding the crash then instructed me to have a private individual inspect vehicle to determine if there was a malfunction with the airbags. If so, then they want us to submit the issue in writing.

- Ponte Vedra, FL, USA

Oct 012012

The mechanism for releasing the fuel door is a latch/button located inside the vehicle near the driver side floor. Depressing the mechanism is supposed to release the exterior fuel door so that gasoline can be filled into the vehicle. The mechanism does not work. Upon repeated pressing of the button, the fuel door will not open. Eventually, prying a flat object into the spacing between the fuel door and the body is required to release the fuel door. The vehicle has been serviced at mile high Honda for this problem twice (the latest service occuring on January 2, 2015) and in both instances the technicians, while able to reproduce the problem, were unable to repair it. The technicians stated that they have seen this problem with other 2012 model Accord and have not been able to identify the source of the problem or fix it. Further, the technicians stated that they spoke with Honda's technical service department, who acknowledged the problem exists for other 2012 Accord and stated that they have no resolution at the time. Lastly, despite widespread occurence of this problem, Honda has yet to recall the vehicles to remedy this issue. I have owned this vehicle for over two years, which was purchased brand new, and this problem has been recurring every single time I have attempted to open the fuel door. The problem is significant in that it restricts ability to fuel the vehicle.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Jun 252014

My complaint is about safety negligence, on the corporate site for Honda and I quote states "your safety is our priority?. I took my car to get checked for a knocking noise and was told ball joints recommended to be replaced. I asked if it was safe to drive and was told yes by service advisor. After being charge for apparently tighten rods. Apparently the certified technicians neglect safety of the customer and also have attitudes towards customers was told this when brought car in and I quote ?so you know more than the Honda engineers". the front left wheel of my car came off (where the noise was coming from) after taking it to the dealer and being charged for tighten rods. Now dealer is blaming me for the wheel coming of when I was told that the car was safe to drive. My complaint resolution should be Honda techs/dealer should be held liable for their safety neglect and should repair the damages that have cost me to my vehicle which I have work hard for.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 172013

Accord 4-cyl

I have found that at night, the headlight sensor overcompensates when detecting headlight beams cast by the opposing lanes of traffic. The sensor then forces the headlight sensor to immediately turn off our vehicle's headlights, leaving the driving shrouded in complete darkness. When driving at 70 or more miles an hour on a highway, these momentary seconds of darkness are all that are needed to cause a fatal mistake or a dead driver. I report at least four separate incidents in the last 14 months alone: During February 2013, while driving under icy conditions at night in potomac, my vehicle passed opposing traffic vehicle and the headlight sensor activated. After losing frontal visibility, my vehicle lost complete control and began to spin on the icy road, almost getting us killed. In August 2012, while driving on a Texas highway at high speeds, a large truck cargo full of crates and boxes began to topple onto the road side in front of my vehicle. The headlight sensor had, as before, activated, resulting in practically no front visibility. Seeing almost nothing, I dodged though the falling carton boxes at a 70 mph speed, almost getting killed and wetting my pants with urine. On a recent trip to the eastern shore of Maryland, while on the chesapeake bay bridge at night. The headlights malfunctioned. She attempted to keep the vehicle inside the outer traffic lane but was narrowly clipped by a wide, large truck on the other lane of traffic, denting the front side of the vehicle and damaging one of the side mirrors. This near-miss however, could have easily resulted in the death of two members of my family. This supposed safety feature of the vehicle is in fact quite dangerous, potentially fatal. I no longer feel safe driving my Honda Accord, nor do I feel safe allowing any of the members of my family drive this vehicle.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA

Mar 082013

Accord 4-cyl

As I was braking while approaching an angled parking space the car would not stop. The car accelerated, crossed the sidewalk and hit a concrete building. The air bags were deployed. The insurance adjustor declared the car totaled.

- Redwood City, CA, USA

Sep 082012

I was driving down market street in youngstown when I was almost obstructed by another vehicle, I swerved and was struck by another vehicle my air bags did not deploy at 40mph and she was going 25mph. There was a recall on the side air bags, my back and neck hurt as well as my passenger. American Honda said there were not defects...

- Sharon, PA, USA

Jun 122012

Accord 6-cyl

My wife was driving down the road and the passenger side mirror literally exploded.

- Hot Springs, AR, USA