Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2012 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2012 Honda Accord electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Accord:

2012 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jun 062015

The contact owns a 2012 Honda Accord. While parked, the vehicle was unable to start and an abnormal buzzing sound emitted from the ignition switch. The contact stated the vehicle was able to start on the second attempt. The failure recurred intermittently. The dealer could not duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 42,000.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jun 202015

All four of my door locking actuators have all "failed." The car randomly locks and unlocks on the highway and even though Honda has had a class action lawsuit over these door actuators for the CRV they are not replacing the Honda Accord ones (they will for a small fee of $1500).

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jan 162015

Accord 6-cyl

Car accelerates then suddenly stops acceleration even though gas pedal is increasing. Suddenly the car accelerates at pedal position causing a sudden jurk motion forward due to sudden over compensated acceleration. Occurs sporadically. Caution must be taken when behind other cars or crossing into median on 4 lane highways. Pause may last as long as 4 seconds which is a long time with on-coming traffic while crossing road. Also could result in rear in collision from cars in rear due to sudden pause in acceleration and rear car accelerating smoothly at normal pace. Rear car would not expect you to suddenly stop accelerationsuch as at red light.suspect it is accelerator position sensor causing the problem but has not been determined at this time since I can't afford to make car payment and repair at same time. Will have looked into when money is avallable for diagnostic and repair of problem. There is no doubt this is not normal since I also own a 2010 model Honda Accord and never had such problem. This is a 2012 model and suprised since Honda makes good automobiles. Purchased used in January of 2015 from towsend BMW in tuscaloosa, al. Electrical coverage expired Nov. Of 2014. Will have to pay out-of-pocket for repair. BMW dealership would not cover problem after sale. Will have to take to dealership for repair or some other reputable auto repair fax showed no accident reports.

- Tuscaloosa, AL, USA

Mar 012014

Accord 4-cyl

Twice in the last few months my car's engine would not turn over when I turned the key to the start position. It only made a buzzing sound. I returned the key to the resting position and tried again. Both times it started. I took it to the Honda dealer to have it serviced. The technician told me this was normal. (no. It's normal for a car to start when you turn the key.) he gave me a copy of a Honda "service news article" dated "October 2001" entitled "starter relay buzzes." It reads, "if you turn the ignition switch very slowly to start the engine, all Honda models except passport have this little quirk: The starter relay buzzes. If your customer complains about it, don't spend your time trying to fix it; there's really nothing wrong. Just tell your customer to turn the ignition switch a little faster, and the relay won't buzz."

- Greencastle, PA, USA

Jan 302014

The contact owns a 2012 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the vehicle caught on fire while parked with the engine turned off. The contact was able to extinguish the fire and noticed that the fire destroyed the driver's side door panel and extended to the instrument panel. A fire report was not filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the fire and offered no assistance. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 26,000.

- Lake City, FL, USA

Jun 172013

Accord 4-cyl

I have found that at night, the headlight sensor overcompensates when detecting headlight beams cast by the opposing lanes of traffic. The sensor then forces the headlight sensor to immediately turn off our vehicle's headlights, leaving the driving shrouded in complete darkness. When driving at 70 or more miles an hour on a highway, these momentary seconds of darkness are all that are needed to cause a fatal mistake or a dead driver. I report at least four separate incidents in the last 14 months alone: During February 2013, while driving under icy conditions at night in potomac, my vehicle passed opposing traffic vehicle and the headlight sensor activated. After losing frontal visibility, my vehicle lost complete control and began to spin on the icy road, almost getting us killed. In August 2012, while driving on a Texas highway at high speeds, a large truck cargo full of crates and boxes began to topple onto the road side in front of my vehicle. The headlight sensor had, as before, activated, resulting in practically no front visibility. Seeing almost nothing, I dodged though the falling carton boxes at a 70 mph speed, almost getting killed and wetting my pants with urine. On a recent trip to the eastern shore of Maryland, while on the chesapeake bay bridge at night. The headlights malfunctioned. She attempted to keep the vehicle inside the outer traffic lane but was narrowly clipped by a wide, large truck on the other lane of traffic, denting the front side of the vehicle and damaging one of the side mirrors. This near-miss however, could have easily resulted in the death of two members of my family. This supposed safety feature of the vehicle is in fact quite dangerous, potentially fatal. I no longer feel safe driving my Honda Accord, nor do I feel safe allowing any of the members of my family drive this vehicle.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA

Apr 062013

Accord 4-cyl

The first time my car stalled I was in the high way in the middle lane and my car stopped working, all the light came on and my radio turned off and my clock reset it self. The second time it was the same day while I was exiting on the highway, in addition I put press the accelerate it would not response. In addition when I would press the brakes the music would go down at times. I took it to Honda they did not find anything wrong with the car, when the car was return to me I found someone ez-pass and a cup of soda in the car. The car stall N my once again I turning from a stop sign. I called the Honda dealership to have it checked once again, and the responded that they was all booked up please call back. On 06/03/13 my car stalled and the wheel became hard, the brake became hard and none responses, my car continue to rolled and I crash with a school bus. I had to go to the emergency room due to a neck stain. I have been in connect with Honda but after a week of very little cooperation they state it is up to the insurance company to see fault and only then will they get involved. I also informed them that my air bags did not deploy.

- Teaneck , NJ, USA

Mar 012013

Accord 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Honda Accord. The contact stated he was able to remove the key out of the ignition switch without the vehicle being in park and on several occasions the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 150,000 and the current mileage was 155,000.

- Del City , OK, USA

Jan 012013

The contact owns a 2012 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the key was unable to be inserted into the ignition. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was towed to the dealer who advised that there was nothing wrong with the ignition. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 2,000. Updated 3/19/13

- Fairview , NJ, USA

Jun 012012

Accord 4-cyl

ABS lights on purchase after 5 months. I purchase my car on 12/30/11. On 30/5/12 I saw the lights on, I dropped my car for 1 day at boardwalk Honda service. Next day, when I went to take my car the manager told me that rodents had eaten the wiring. The place where I park my car, there were three other cars also parked everyday. They never have such kind of problem. I think because of their car is old and my car is new so rodents like to eat new wires not a old wires. The manger told me that you have to pay for this and it will be more than $1000. I am completely disagree, why should I pay. Still its passed 5 months. I am looking forward to fix this problem by Honda with free of charge.

- Absecon, NJ, USA